Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NR & R Party Hunting Poll

Are you for NR or R party hunting?

• FOR NR PARTY HUNTING

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • AGAINST NR PARTY HUNTING

Votes: 66 82.5%
  • FOR R PARTY HUNTING

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • AGAINST R PARTY HUNTING

Votes: 52 65.0%
  • DON’T CARE

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
I voted against both NR and R party hunting. On reflection that's where I sit but it's not that simple. I honestly don't have any problem with a true party hunt where a group of family and friends gets together and truly party hunts. Everyone agrees their tags are in the pool and any deer shot gets tagged appropriately and legally even if that group contains some NR.

It is my nature to shoot the deer for my tag and NOT fill anyone one else's so I don't party hunt.

What I don't like is any kind of loophole or bending of the spirit of the rule. I don't like an R buying tags for wife, kid or whoever and doe tag for themselves with the express purpose of them filling that buck tag during shotgun as well as having just as much as I don't like an NR coming in with a doe tag but having the express purpose be to fill an R's buck tag.

I don't want to see deer drives and pushes banned. That just smacks of an elitist attitude. the way things are going they're fading away anyway.

Very nicely put. I agree with everything you stated, even though our votes don't align.

Top Bottom