Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scent Elimination

blake

Life Member
As we all are aware there are numerous Scent Elimination sprays on the market today. All of manufactures would like to make us think that they have the best spray on the market.

I have no idea which one is the best, or for that matter if they truly work as advertised. I use a certain Scent Elimination spray and I do believe that it does help reduce human odor in certain situations.

I am however a firm believer that wind directions and thermals play a more important role in hunting any animal that has a nose as a primary defense mechanism.

Although I still use ScentAway religiously.. I'll never forget my first experience with it. I did everything to a "T": Washed my clothes and camo in ScentAway detergent, put them in the drier with an earth scent drier sheet, bagged them in a scent free container, took a shower with ScentAway soap, put on ScentAway deodorant...... I put my camo on out in the field, sprayed down with earth scent and put scent waffers up in the tree... First deer I saw that year was a 1.5 yr old buck.. winded me in like 2 seconds...haha Needless to say, I felt let down. Maybe I smelled TOO 'earthy'... I have been using the aacorn scentaway the past few years and that seems to work pretty good along with the Scentblocker camo.

I bet many hunters have had similar experiences, I know I have :grin: . It's downright impossible to fool every deers nose 100% of the time, which is why hunting the wind is probably the best option. I'm with you though, and will continue to use scent elimination products regardless, because it can't hurt :way:

I use one of the sprays, mainly because I know the marketing guy who gives it to me for free.

I think "scent elimination" is a myth and should be removed from our vacabulary. Scent reduction is possible. Scent elmination is not.

I'm putting my scent blocker suit on Ebay.

Iowa1 wrote, "I think "scent elimination" is a myth and should be removed from our vocabulary. Scent reduction is possible. Scent elimination is not."

I couldn't agree more.

I tried something new this yr and didn't spend a penny on the stuff. Results were the same, winded some times, not winded others, dead buck.

I'm not totally convinced that it works, but I still use it. I try to pay a lot more attention to what the wind is doing.

I use scent eliminating spray and scentlok. Not sure it makes a big difference except for one.....I am more confident and therefore hunt better. I do this religiously, but pay more attention to the wind for the stand location. I do believe it can do nothing but help if the wind shifts while you are in the stand.

Can't speak for all of the options but I have a huge amount of confidence in HS Scent Away. Hard not to when you have mulitple deer dead downwind and none of them pick you up. I don't wear carbon but I do wash clothes and body in non scent soap and use odorless anti perspirant in addition to the spray.

Top Bottom