Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What do you shoot?

blake

Life Member
I remember when shotgun hunters used their favorite bird hunting firearm to hunt deer with. The old smooth bore pumps or single shot break open firearms. Some guys used double barrels. I remember deer hunters practicing trying to hit a paper plate with these firearms at 50 yards. Some were shooters and many were not.

Todays shotgun hunters have many really good deer hunting firearms to choose from. Slide action, semi auto, bolt action, scoped, rifled barrels etc. Some of the shotgun manufactures boost groups of three inches or less at 100 yards. I think one states than can shoot a four inche group at 200 yards.

Many Shotgun season deer hunters are carrying muzzleloaders and some carry a hand gun.

What do you deer hunt with during the shotgun season?

If I had a hand gun other than my .40S&W and .22 cal I would carry that too so I had a choice. Close shot, hand gun, long shot, slug gun. I used my 40 cal to hunt with but decided it was wayyyy underpowered for deer and in my opinion unethical.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom