Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which is your favorite binocular?

blake

Life Member
As we all know binoculars come in all sizes and with different
magnifications.

All binoculars are expressed in equations - the magnifying power X the objective lens size. For all applications, these two numbers play an important role in determining the exit pupil - the maximum amount of light the human eye can accept (5-7mm depending on age). By dividing the objective lens (or aperture) size by the magnifying power you can determine a pair of binoculars exit pupil and match it to your eyes.During the daylight, the human eye has about 2mm of exit pupil - which makes high magnification practical. In low light or stargazing, the exit pupil needs to be more around 5 to be usable... Yet being able to steady the view also plays a critical role! At maximum magnification, any movement will be exaggerated in the viewing field. For example, a big buck spotted at 500 yards at 16X magnification is fine - until he moves.

If I missed your favorite bino please post them.

Thanks!

I use a 10x42 most of the time. They are with me where ever I go. In fact, i have 2 pair, one in my truck at all times and one in my hunting pack. I also carry 2 sets of 8x42, one in my truck and one in my pack. I also have a 16x50 and a spotting scope at home that I use on my back deck. The preference is the 10x42.

To make this even more interesting, I think we should list the brand(s) we use as well! :way: Mine are all Bushnell, except for one of my 8x42's, which is a Nikon.

Top Bottom