Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Minerals

I make my own, its alot cheeper than the store stuff.. I was using whitetail institute 30-06 and it worked great but it was 30$ for a 25 lb bag..

I make my own and i get 250lbs for 60$!

i got it from a QDM website after doing alot of research on the subject...

its one 50 lb bag of Di-calcium Phosphate, (not the DiCalcium with Selenium mix)
one 50 lb bag of fine mixing salt
two 50lb bags of trace minneral salt
and one 50lb bag of dryed molasses

mix it all together and i put about 75lbs per site! top it off with a 25lb block of white salt in the middle) :D

ANYONE ELSE HAVE A SECRET MIX TO SHARE?

That's all fine and dandy but you are putting out about 90% salt. From the sounds of it you may as well save your money on the calcium and get more salt.

Yea, the 25lb salt block is overkill no doubt, but the deer really seem to draw into that big white salt block! then they still eat around the block and get the minnerals.. I have tested minneral licks with blocks and without, and for some reason the sites with the blocks always outperform.

what do you think is in all the over the counter stuff you buy? start looking at the lable its almost all salt. the deer will not eat the minnerals plain. Its mixed with the salt so they will eat it! trust me , I have been running minneral sites for about 15 years and trying alot of different mixes!
the molasses i added about 5 years ago, this mix is dynomite! How many inches it actually adds to a bucks rack is another story.. I myself dont think it does much! but it makes for some great camera locations and i believe it help the does and general heard more than anything.

mnshedhunter said:
Yea, the 25lb salt block is overkill no doubt, but the deer really seem to draw into that big white salt block! then they still eat around the block and get the minnerals.. I have tested minneral licks with blocks and without, and for some reason the sites with the blocks always outperform.

what do you think is in all the over the counter stuff you buy? start looking at the lable its almost all salt. the deer will not eat the minnerals plain. Its mixed with the salt so they will eat it! trust me , I have been running minneral sites for about 15 years and trying alot of different mixes!
the molasses i added about 5 years ago, this mix is dynomite! How many inches it actually adds to a bucks rack is another story.. I myself dont think it does much! but it makes for some great camera locations and i believe it help the does and general heard more than anything.

Yes it is very hard to find a mineral that doesn't have much salt in it. But the last few years my brother and I have been using the mineral that the old owner of lone wolf makes. This stuff is top notch it puts assume mass on the deer and adds a lot of inches to them. I would have to look on the bag but I think is only like 30 or 35% salt. But I might do the same as u this year and put a salt block in my mineral sights.

Hoyt Freak said:
Yes it is very hard to find a mineral that doesn't have much salt in it. But the last few years my brother and I have been using the mineral that the old owner of lone wolf makes. This stuff is top notch it puts assume mass on the deer and adds a lot of inches to them. I would have to look on the bag but I think is only like 30 or 35% salt. But I might do the same as u this year and put a salt block in my mineral sights.

What is the mix?

I use Mega-Rack and it is the most loaded and most balanced mineral product I've seen on the market. It is low in salt - 11%-13%. I haven't seen any other product that even compares to it. And the rain doesn't wash them away like other products i've used. Check out the pictures I posted on here. If you want the best you should really check them out!

Last edited:
I use Mega-Rack and it is the most loaded and most balanced mineral product I've seen on the market. It is low in salt - 11%-13%. I haven't seen any other product that even compares to it. And the rain doesn't wash them away like other products i've used. Check out the pictures I posted on here. If you want the best you should really check them out!

Based on your name I assume you are a distributor of this product ??

I make my own, its alot cheeper than the store stuff.. I was using whitetail institute 30-06 and it worked great but it was 30$ for a 25 lb bag..

I make my own and i get 250lbs for 60$!

i got it from a QDM website after doing alot of research on the subject...

its one 50 lb bag of Di-calcium Phosphate, (not the DiCalcium with Selenium mix)
one 50 lb bag of fine mixing salt
two 50lb bags of trace minneral salt
and one 50lb bag of dryed molasses

mix it all together and i put about 75lbs per site! top it off with a 25lb block of white salt in the middle) :D

ANYONE ELSE HAVE A SECRET MIX TO SHARE?

I use the same here.

Brother Ghost that used to be a frequent visitor on this site and well

respected used to use this along with others. I still use it and have had

great results.

Based on your name I assume you are a distributor of this product ??

Yes. My father was the maker of Mega-Rack. He started manufacturing them in 1992. He was in search of a good product and could not find anything low in salt or properly balanced. So he decided to make his own and Mega-Rack was born.

I have done my own testing to see how Mega-Rack compares to some of the big name products on the market, and have found most deer prefer Mega-Rack as there choice of mineral - even when place up against extremely high salt products.

Anyone ever hear of Mega-Rack?
How does Mega-Rack compare to this:
<table class="body" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="4" align="center" width="450"><tbody><tr><td colspan="5" class="title" align="left">Guaranteed Analysis</td></tr><tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Calcium (Ca)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">17.50%</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Calcium (Ca)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">maximum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">21.00%</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Phosphorus (P)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">10.00%</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Salt (NaCl)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">10.00%</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Salt (NaCl)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">maximum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">12.00%</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Copper (Cu)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">100 ppm</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Selenium (Se)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">42 ppm</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Zinc (Zn)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">1150 ppm</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Iodine (I)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">120 ppm</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Vitamin A</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">75,000 IU/lb</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Vitamin D3</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">19,000 IU/lb</td> </tr><tr><td colspan="5" align="center">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

How does Mega-Rack compare to this:
<table class="body" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="4" align="center" width="450"><tbody><tr><td colspan="5" class="title" align="left">Guaranteed Analysis</td></tr><tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Calcium (Ca)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">17.50%</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Calcium (Ca)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">maximum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">21.00%</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Phosphorus (P)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">10.00%</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Salt (NaCl)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">10.00%</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Salt (NaCl)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">maximum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">12.00%</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Copper (Cu)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">100 ppm</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Selenium (Se)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">42 ppm</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Zinc (Zn)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">1150 ppm</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Iodine (I)</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">120 ppm</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Vitamin A</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">75,000 IU/lb</td> </tr> <tr><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">Vitamin D3</td><td class="body" background="images/ellipsis.gif" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left" width="50%">minimum</td><td class="body" nowrap="NOWRAP" align="left">19,000 IU/lb</td> </tr><tr><td colspan="5" align="center">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Mega-Rack

Guaranteed Analysis:

Calcium (Ca) min 9.00%

Calcium (Ca) max 10.80%

Phosphorus (P) min 8.00%

Salt (NaCl) min 11.00%

Salt (NaCl) max 13.00%

Magnesium (Mg) min 3.00%

Potassium (K) min 0.50%

Cobalt (Co) min 10 ppm

Sulphur (S) min 0.50%