Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Possible Record NT Falls Short

Elitebowhunter

from boone & crockett....

Beck Buck Comes in as #2 NT Hunter-taken Whitetail.

The scoring procedure has been reviewed and after tine classification was verified this deer scores an amazing 305 7/8. Three tines originally scored as normal were deemed abnormal. On this particular head it took away 2/8 in deductions but when the H4 circumference measurements were taken with the correct classification the circumferences dropped a few inches resulting in a lower net score than the original posted 308 5/8. The final tally on this deer is 222 4/8 gross typical frame 93 7/8 in abnormals, and the reason that this buck’s final score ranks it as the largest non typical whitetail taken in the last decade and the second largest in hunter taken in history is that it only has 10 4/8 of deductions left to right.

5846-2nd.jpg

Unbelievable buck :way:

Racks like that make me more and more convinced that the only way to accurately and consistently measure a set of antlers is cubic inches (or cm...whatever). Throw the skull cap and rack in a tub of water and see how much it displaces. Time to totally rock our perception of what constitutes a big set of antlers...JMHO

NWBuck

Racks like that make me more and more convinced that the only way to accurately and consistently measure a set of antlers is cubic inches (or cm...whatever). Throw the skull cap and rack in a tub of water and see how much it displaces. Time to totally rock our perception of what constitutes a big set of antlers...JMHO

NWBuck

That is an awesome idea! It would be really interesting to see how bucks measure up in that catergory!

Hold on now. What about the Bryant buck from Fulton cnty Illinois? That buck was over 300.
I know of another one from over there that was over 300 and never brought public. Thats big but no where near the biggest.

Is the Lovstuen buck still listed in the boone and crockett record book? Just curious because he is no longer in the Iowa record book. Didn't know if there was a story to explain that or something.

NWBuck
Ahh yes, the old Burkett System.

Top Bottom