Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Erosion matting for a blind build

hunt&fishman

Looking to purchase some erosion matting around the CR area and have struck out at Menards and Theisens. Anyone know of where I can pick a roll or two up at?

Thanks

It looks like Amazon of all places has some good options. May be going that route. Anyone have any experience with the different options they offer with single vs double sided netting that it's wove into?

How long does this stuff last out in the weather? I was under the impression that the webbing breaks down on its own in a relatively short time.

How long does this stuff last out in the weather? I was under the impression that the webbing breaks down on its own in a relatively short time.

I have had mine on my blind 3yrs i think. Its been outside in the elements ever since it was build and has held up fine.

I used the double matted on mine.

I made two last year with the double matting. One has sat with corn touching one side and tall weeds on the other. One has sat in open area. The one in the open looks less rotten if that makes sense. I actually went to move the one in the weeds a month ago and rubbed against heavy brush...the matting melted off it was so broken down. Pry "last longer" in you don't handle it, idk. Just what I experienced

Also wondering where I could get some around decorah or waterloo area. Does Menard typically have it?
I'm located directly between the two and got mine from a landscaping company in my local town. Tried to figure out new pm thing but couldn't get it. Let me know if you keep striking out and I can give you the name of the company

There is a company in Fairfax that I get mine from every year. Pace Supply I believe it is an 8' x 112' roll for $45 enough to do 2 blinds with double layering.

Check with landscaping companies and even the city, they should have roles. I think I picked mine up for $30 for 8ft wide x 120ft long. Should last a long time!!

bigbuckhunter88 said:
I'm located directly between the two and got mine from a landscaping company in my local town. Tried to figure out new pm thing but couldn't get it. Let me know if you keep striking out and I can give you the name of the company

Would love to know where I drive back and forth all the time.

Top Bottom