Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Covered or uncovered

soil

I have a homemade bale blind that i made last winter. I had all intentions of making some sliding windows to cover the openings if need be. As I'm sitting here now I'm wondering if it's necessary. I know I need to cover the single back window so they can't see light through the blind and see me moving inside but is it important to cover the front windows? I'm getting lots of pictures on 2 cameras on the plot this blind overlooks so I'm sure they are already used to it. I've already got a system in place to have sliding window covers. I just haven't taken the time to finish it.

soil said:
I have a homemade bale blind that i made last winter. I had all intentions of making some sliding windows to cover the openings if need be. As I'm sitting here now I'm wondering if it's necessary. I know I need to cover the single back window so they can't see light through the blind and see me moving inside but is it important to cover the front windows? I'm getting lots of pictures on 2 cameras on the plot this blind overlooks so I'm sure they are already used to it. I've already got a system in place to have sliding window covers. I just haven't taken the time to finish it.

Covering the window openings when not in it I think you're asking? I left a window open all summer and more wasps hornets mud dauber nests than I've ever seen. And I have a window open on one of my bale blinds that stand hunt close too now...deer don't care one bit as I see them feed in front of it with no care

Yes, that's what I was meaning. Slide them closed when not hunting it and open when hunting. I started thinking that they might notice the difference and I've pretty much decided to just leave them open all the time.

In my haybale blind, i left the windows open during the season last year, and ended up getting quite a few raccoons using it as a home, once they we evicted I started closing the windows, this summer I spray painted the windows black on the outside so whether they are open or closed it looks the same. I am curious to see how the deer react this year.

In my haybale blind, i left the windows open during the season last year, and ended up getting quite a few raccoons using it as a home, once they we evicted I started closing the windows, this summer I spray painted the windows black on the outside so whether they are open or closed it looks the same. I am curious to see how the deer react this year.

I was going to suggest making the covering dark, so it looks similar when open or closed.

That may be what I try! I've got some roof rubber that I was planning to use. I was going to somehow stick the straw to it so it looked more like a haybale from the outside but I'd rather it look the same open or closed. Thanks guys

Top Bottom