Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kansas Public Land

letemgrow

PMA Member
Been amazed at how good the hunting on KS public has been over the past few years. This buck is worth waiting for.

He's a good one! Public land can be way better than people give it credit for. Good luck with him!

The key to public land bucks is to either find a isolated one that doesnt get bumped by other land users or to find the escape point and hang a stand there. There are some dandys out there just got to think things through a bit more to score consistently on them.

The key to public land bucks is to either find a isolated one that doesnt get bumped by other land users or to find the escape point and hang a stand there. There are some dandys out there just got to think things through a bit more to score consistently on them.
What has worked well for me is to hunt vegetative stem density. I hit a good 10 on this same spot a couple weeks ago (never found) and there is someone else's stand 50 yards away from where I was sitting. The spot is extremely thich with a ridge top and two side hills going east/west. This allows me to hunt this same 44 acre piece with any wind direction. I never walk in in the mornings without wind to cover my noise and have to say the results have been stellar for mature buck sightings and opportunities.

I talk with the other hunter a lot and we work together to hunt it right...only other person I have ever seen here and same for him.

Top Bottom