Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Lite Hunting Clothing

Does anyone on here use First Lite brand clothing? I've been strictly Badlands for the last few years because of the warranty and customer service. First Lite has some nice pieces out now that seem to be very light and warm. Just curious to see if anyone has tried their jackets or pants/bibs? I have the base layers and they are the best I've found by far.

I have the kanab 2.0s buddy has the north branch . Just as good or better than Sitka in my opinion .

isu22andy said:
I have the kanab 2.0s buddy has the north branch . Just as good or better than Sitka in my opinion .
What's the finish like? Hard to tell by pics. Not a fan of puffy outerwear

isu22andy said:

Good deal. I just ordered the Kanabs, chama hoody, and the woodbury jacket. Cant wait to try them out

Oct-Lull said:
What's the finish like? Hard to tell by pics. Not a fan of puffy outerwear
on the Kanab 2.0s just a wool soft quiet . It would be chilly after about 40 down without long undergarments . The north branch also is quiet just like a Sitka 90% jacket . Quiet but not a 40 degree and below jacket .

isu22andy said:
on the Kanab 2.0s just a wool soft quiet . It would be chilly after about 40 down without long undergarments . The north branch also is quiet just like a Sitka 90% jacket . Quiet but not a 40 degree and below jacket .

I should say I wear Minus 33 wool under my pants until it's about 40 degrees then I hop in my HBS . I'm a wuss though .

Bonehunter24 said:
Good deal. I just ordered the Kanabs, chama hoody, and the woodbury jacket. Cant wait to try them out

Would like to hear what you think once you get them.

I have the kanabs, base layers, and Woodbury jacket. I love every piece. Very quiet stuff and high quality.

I have just about every piece they make.
All are of great quality, and the customer service they provide is fantastic.
Some pieces I really like, and some aren't necessarily applicable to tree stand/blind hunting deer in Iowa.
If you have and questions about any particular piece, just post it up and I will give you my honest feedback.

I have worn the Kanabs with Woodbury jacket for a few sits. Very comfortable and I do like the Fusion pattern. When it gets colder I will give them the true test. Not really worried about the pants as my legs don't get that cold as I buy a size big so I can wear a base layer and sweatpants underneath. I'm curious to see if the jacket will withstand colder temps. Base Layers are comfortable and so is the hoody. No complaints besides the button high up on the pants by the knee, needs to be removed or put in a different location. Definitely light weight gear and I do believe now that the wool doesn't collect as much scent as other clothing. Had a couple deer down wind last night with no problems at all. Granted I take as many precautions as I can for scent control. Scent Crusher bag, spray every piece of gear before the stand, etc...... Very pleased with it so far.

Top Bottom