Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thoughts from the stand

BDAHMS said:
This year it has been a lot about work- which has NEVER been the case in the past. but a common thought I always seem to have in the stand- is "what is the biggest buck within a few miles"- or when im fishing- what is the biggest fish in this lake-Its not that I even want to harvest it (which of course I would) but at the moment- i just want to see it another thought I have a lot is when I see 3.5 year old bucks or older that arent on my hit list- i always think about which person I could get out to this area and help kill their first buck and how this would be a perfect buck for so and so......

I always wonder how close I am to a buck I would consider shooting. Is there one over that hump, in that ditch, or even in the section? Then I play different scenarios in my head of where one might actually show up. Luckily, I rarely ever think about work.

meyeri said:
Love it! I might have to try growing one this year to see how my wife appreciates it.

Haha! This is about the extent of my beard. It's normally a little more filled in than this as i just trimmed it pretty short. But my wife has NEVER liked any facial hair. Will barely let me kiss her if I have scruff cuz it pokes her. Regardless, I almost always have some scruff just because I don't like shaving. Then, about two weeks ago I shaved and out of the blue she tells me she likes the beard better! Thinks it's"sexier". Sold! Just clipper trimming from now on for me boys!

ForumRunner_20161020_103131.png

Man, I'm so glad I have this handlebar mustache, I wish my wife had the same appreciation of a well-scaped stache. :)

The past couple of years I've grown a beard during late fall/winter. When I shave it in the spring, I usually leave the handle bar mustache to see how it would look. I trim the beard short at least every two weeks, so usually it's not that great of a mustache. My wife immediately says I'm a dork and to shave it!

Another thought I thought of is "is that a deer over there? Nope, just a bush/tree". Ten minutes later...""is that a deer over there? Nope, same bush/tree"!

I was hunting the other night and had a thought after I heard a gun shot and was trying to figure out where it came from if I could build something like a tablet that when it heard a gun a shot it would point in the direction it came from and how many yards away but then I thought again heck I can barely make dinner how could I build that! Ha

Or...

I have a doe tag.. and this doe is right below my stand, I could just jump on the back, and stab it. Wait, I work in law enforcement. That's like sociopath level... needless to say I would never be able to have another child!!

Some of my thoughts that I can remember:

Is it bad to eat one of my two PB&J sandwiches before 9am?
I guess eating a snickers at 8am isn't bad since I've been up since 3am.
I hate squirrels.
What can I invent in the hunting industry?
I wish I could teleport to get to my stand.
I should have sat in that tree over there....
If I could do any habitat improvements to this property I would...
Gosh this would be a great spot for a foodplot.
If my tree fell over, would I try to unhook my harness and jump to another tree? Hang on until it gets close to the ground and jump?

deerhunter93 said:
Some of my thoughts that I can remember: Is it bad to eat one of my two PB&J sandwiches before 9am? I guess eating a snickers at 8am isn't bad since I've been up since 3am. I hate squirrels. What can I invent in the hunting industry? I wish I could teleport to get to my stand. I should have sat in that tree over there.... If I could do any habitat improvements to this property I would... Gosh this would be a great spot for a foodplot. If my tree fell over, would I try to unhook my harness and jump to another tree? Hang on until it gets close to the ground and jump?

Haha....the sandwich and tree falling thoughts cross my mind often also!

I guess I am not nuts , I have the same thoughts as most of you, actually all of them !!!

*I wish I had underground tunnels to all my stands.

*Wish I had a skid steer attachment that ate fence. Chewed in up and captured all the metal (someone please invent)

*Is this wind going to hang on before thermals take over.

I quit hunting from stands, just pound the ground now. So usually im constantly thinking about when the next skunk will sneak up on me, especially when its still dark.

I sure wish McDonalds would start using drones so I could get a couple double cheeseburgers:cool:

This year it has been a lot about work- which has NEVER been the case in the past. but a common thought I always seem to have in the stand- is "what is the biggest buck within a few miles"- or when im fishing- what is the biggest fish in this lake-Its not that I even want to harvest it (which of course I would) but at the moment- i just want to see it

another thought I have a lot is when I see 3.5 year old bucks or older that arent on my hit list- i always think about which person I could get out to this area and help kill their first buck and how this would be a perfect buck for so and so......
For me - not so much work - But I have to completely agree with the rest of this. Word for word.

My thought from 5 minutes ago was "How and the heck are deer ticks still alive in the 29th of October"
And
"I found 2 now how many more and crawling on my camo."

Top Bottom