Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HSB 586 Gun Safes

Is now HF 2347, passed out of public safety committee and moved to ways and means committee.

Last edited:
This is a link to the Legislative Services Agency's Fiscal Note for HF 2347 that came out today. It is an analysis of the impact this bill would have on the general fund.

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/publications/FN/767462.pdf

I believe the bill is still in Ways and Means. I put in the link so if you are interested you can see the impact analysis any bill that has a budget impact goes through.

I'm not nearly smart enough to argue with the numbers but a 1.5 million reduction in tax revenues in the first year and 3.3 million reduction in the fifth year of this bill is hard for me to understand. That would be a whole lotta gun safes.

Anyway, if this bill passes and the suppressor bill passes I can offset the $200.00 transfer tax fee with the $1000.00 reduction in income tax, provided of course, that I can pass the BATFE background check. Well, that's what my fuzzy math comes up with.

Introduced in the House by Public Safety Committee, then referred to the Ways and Means Committee where it died. Too bad, I liked that one. Perhaps it will come back up this January with the new "look" of the legislature.

Top Bottom