Iowawhitetail forums

Go Back   Iowawhitetail forums > Whitetail Conference > Iowa Whitetail Conference
Register Blogs FAQ Members List IW Links IW Photo Gallery PMA Big Buck Contest PMA Membership Detail Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hunting Land 4-Sale
Sponsors
Lick Creek Enterprises
Feeder Information

Blind Information

Old 01-29-2002, 09:19 PM   #1
SHEDHEAD

Default Bill Jordan/Realtree Team

Has anyone heard the latest(past season) on what Jordan and his team has taken? They seem to do exceptionally well and just wandering if they got the "Barbwire Buck" in Kansas or any other monsters in Iowa. By the way, what ever happened to the monster typical 6x6 that was rattled in in western IA in their Monster Bucks IV or V video? Did anyone ever shoot it or find its sheds the following year?
SHEDHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 07:48 AM   #2
sludge

Default Re: Bill Jordan/Realtree Team

The last I heard was Bill broke his leg this fall in Kansas setting up a ground blind. Stepped in a hole or something.

http://www.961thebrew.com/pages/crashdavis.html

sludge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 02:46 PM   #3
SHEDHEAD

You're kidding?! I never heard anything about it. Anybody else heard on how they did? I heard a rumor that the Kansas "Barbwire Buck", the one featured in NA Whitetails' Weird Whitetails magazine, was taken this year. Does Jordan/Realtree have a website? Thanks again SLUDGE for the response.
Old 02-03-2002, 06:56 PM   #4
tped
PMA Member

Jordon website is Realtree.com
Chec it out! Alot of neet stuff and information along with updates on their season.
tped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 05:55 AM   #5
sludge

I was told that story by Ted Jaycox from the show on the Outdoor Channel, Inside the World of Hunting.
He was in my area filming in December. He took a nice green scored 165 typical, his biggest buck. It was cool getting a chance to spend time in a stand with a guy like that. Learned lots of groovy stuff.

Old 02-04-2002, 10:00 PM   #6
SHEDHEAD

Thanks, tped and sludge! I can't wait to see that 165" that Jaycox shot! Were you hunting the same area/land? And thanks for the Realtree website. Good responses and I appreciate it!
Old 02-05-2002, 08:28 AM   #7
Ogz
Life Member

Shedhead, I looked on realtree.com the other day and there was a pic. of Bill on crutches, so it must be true.
Old 02-06-2002, 05:52 AM   #8
sludge

Yea, a couple of my friends and I set the stands and did some scouting for Ted. My buddy filmed the day it was shot, I got to run the camera a couple of other times.

I haven't heard from him when the episode will air but when I do, I will pass it along.

I always thought I was good a processing a deer, I did 9 this year for friends and family (I didn't fill ANY tags this year) but watching a pro do it my garage was really cool. I learned a bunch of techniques and steps.

The guy had some awesome stories, mishaps, misses. Made me feel much better about the incident I had this year when my rest spring exploded on the biggest deer I ever a shot at.

Old 02-06-2002, 08:12 PM   #9
SHEDHEAD

Sludge,it sounds like you'll be working for these guys in the near future! Yeah, I would appreciate it if you let me know when the TV episode airs. By the way, how big was the buck that you didn't get to shoot because your rest exploded? Later and thanks again.
Old 02-07-2002, 04:40 AM   #10
sludge

In the 165 range as well. The area I was at I can only bow hunt in, others Gun hunt it and two people also saw that buck. One said it was larger than that but that was their opinion. Best Part: They didn't get it. It made it though gun season.

As far as working for Inside the World of Hunting. I don't know, travel all around, hunting, meeting people, filming the hunts, getting all of your gear free and getting new stuff all the time.

I don't think that would be for me. I think I could only work like that for the next 20-40 years before I would get bored and have to do something else.