Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Alsheimer rut predictions

I am just going to follow up my original comments in this post from a week or two ago and mostly because we almost never get a full moon or a harvest moon or what I like to call a pre-rut moon before the autumnal equinox but we are seeing that NOW, today as we speak.

So, what does it mean to get a pre-rut moon this early in the fall? Time will tell but according to Alsheimer this trigger, the pre-rut moon along with it's earliness ( before the autumnal equinox) will be what it takes to get some does to enter estrus.

Now, I am just an observer and agree with most of you that post "normal rut" dates, etc. I do disagree with most of you though on its effects on deer movement. I am also using a moon guide this year, developed by Jeff Murray.

I am probably going to just update my blog on whitetail-images.com and not bore you guys to death. As far as your input goes, all is appreciated via e-mail attached to the website.

Anyway, damn moon kept me up, always does, dogs barking all night because the coyotes are yipping. Good night or good morning, crap I don't know what time of day or night it is! :)

best 5 days nov 7-12...

In my opinion anyway...

Got vacation scheduled 6-16th, with morning hunts everyday leading up to it.

Be in the woods the first two weeks of November each and every year. Think I'll make a rut calendar.

Why is it that every single year we have this same argument? One thing and one thing only effects when Does will begin to cycle, MELATONIN. Which is only released into the blood stream during the "dark" hours of the day. Yes some Does will come in early some will come in later due to their hormonal differences and how fast or slow they release enough melatonin to trigger their estrous cycle.
EVERYTHING with biology and hormones is based on a bell shaped curve, so MOST all of the Does will cycle between Nov 2-19 every single year. Yes, weather and the moon can effect the "RUT"= when we see bucks up on feet chasing. But the does will come into season the same time every single year, because the moon and the weather have absolutely no effect on this biological event.

would have thought it was this morning on my way to work. 10 mile drive with 3 bucks all chasing does.

I saw bucks chasing last week... Maybe the moon predictions are right

Already??? Haven't seen any myself, but haven't seen many does going to/from work either.

Aren't the predictions for the rutting moon regarding the 2nd full moon after the autumnal equinox, which would be mid November this year? Or are they calling the full moon in mid October the rutting moon since the one in September was only a couple days before the equinox? I don't know where I stand on this subject. I do know that a lot of people believe the moon has an effect on all animals. I know some farmers who wean calves based on the moon phase!

Already??? Haven't seen any myself, but haven't seen many does going to/from work either. Aren't the predictions for the rutting moon regarding the 2nd full moon after the autumnal equinox, which would be mid November this year? Or are they calling the full moon in mid October the rutting moon since the one in September was only a couple days before the equinox? I don't know where I stand on this subject. I do know that a lot of people believe the moon has an effect on all animals. I know some farmers who wean calves based on the moon phase!

Saw a couple of small bucks sparring on Sunday. They then chased off a couple of does.

I did see a couple young bucks chasin does during youth season while out with my son. But this is not a new thing we see it every year.

sent from super hunters I phone

Top Bottom