Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

David Lindsey's 236 2/8

Awesome deer. Not a gun fan anymore so the bow buck is my pick for sure. Remember when that goof stan potts had the biggest, great deer bad shot.

doesnt david and his son live in georgia? pretty sure they do, wondering how they are hunting with 3 tags every year.

doesnt david and his son live in georgia? pretty sure they do, wondering how they are hunting with 3 tags every year.

You nailed it. David could possibly "live" here as I think he retired. But how does his son work in Georgia and get resident tags here every year? There is a lot of bs going on with nonresident landowners and the DNR would love help from anyone with information that can put a stop to it.

Maybe it was all legal. but the dnr is currently running 100's of landowners through the burden of proof process under the new nr requirements, i doubt anyone questioned them -

my point is , before you everyone jumps up and congratulate the guy for an awesome deer, and it is awesome, they should stop and think - is this guy a legit resident , because we all spend alot of time on this site talking about ways to keep nr 's from killing our deer, getting more tags, and finding loopholes around the system. maybe i am wrong . just a thought..

i wonder how much of our tax money the dnr is spending to throw out nr landowners from the state

I wonder how much money our DNR is getting cheated out of by nonresidents illegally getting resident tags?

There are two sides. What's right is right.

By the way, the wildlife division doesnt get ANY of your tax money. Only license money. The same license money some nonresidents are cheating on.

I wonder how much money our DNR is getting cheated out of by nonresidents illegally getting resident tags?

There are two sides. What's right is right.

By the way, the wildlife division doesnt get ANY of your tax money. Only license money. The same license money some nonresidents are cheating on.

Very good point.

or, maybe it was all done legally.... anyone consider that???

I hope so.

But I know someone from their hometown in Georgia that said David Lindsey's son still lives and works in Georgia but gets Iowa resident tags. Hope they are wrong. But having the money to own 5000 acres of managed whitetail property might make some folks want to "bend" the rules if your only other option was to get ONE tag every third or fourth year instead of 3 tags per year. They just might feel entitled to do so.

i am not saying nr landowners posing as residents is not wrong, its is very wrong what i am saying is that the dnr is not making any money through this effort. they are targeting specific nr landowners and taking away their ability to buy tags, that is great but.... I would rather see the dnr physically ticket people like poachers , where the end result is a fine. some kind of monetary payment to pay for their efforts. so regardless of where they get their money, i just feel like their efforts may be better spent elsewhere.

Thats it, verdicts in..... call in the swat team
:rolleyes:

No need to get all high and mighty. If you knew the guy that told me, you would believe him too. Has no reason to lie. He just happens to be a nonresident landowner that plays by the rules and gets frustrated by those that dont, and just happens to have local connection to the Lindseys in GA.

Like I said, hope he is wrong. But.......

i am not saying nr landowners posing as residents is not wrong, its is very wrong what i am saying is that the dnr is not making any money through this effort. they are targeting specific nr landowners and taking away their ability to buy tags, that is great but.... I would rather see the dnr physically ticket people like poachers , where the end result is a fine. some kind of monetary payment to pay for their efforts. so regardless of where they get their money, i just feel like their efforts may be better spent elsewhere.

You dont think making the nonresidents buy the $500 tags instead of getting by with a $26 tag is going to raise any money? Also, when this process is complete, there will be plenty of fines and penalties paid by those that have been cheating the system the last few years. Some of them will wish they had never heard of Iowa. I know of one that is a policeman from Michigan. Kind of hard to work full-time in Michigan and get landowner and resident tags in Iowa. He might even be looking for a new line of work. You gotta understand that in some parts of our state this is going on way more than you could ever imagine and the DNR finally has a system in place to start doing something about it.

we are on the same team here, easy trigger- but since tags are fixed at 6000, then actually they are not getting incremental revenue its 6000 x 500 no matter what every year . actually taking away revenue if you assume they are illegaling buying resident tags its my understanding the dnr has targeted nr landowners like your friend and asked them to prove their residency if they do not qualify they are simply taken out of the system, they are not fined. keep in mind the dnr changed the requirements only last year so how long can they legally go back.

we are on the same team here, easy trigger- but since tags are fixed at 6000, then actually they are not getting incremental revenue its 6000 x 500 no matter what every year . actually taking away revenue if you assume they are illegaling buying resident tags its my understanding the dnr has targeted nr landowners like your friend and asked them to prove their residency if they do not qualify they are simply taken out of the system, they are not fined. keep in mind the dnr changed the requirements only last year so how long can they legally go back.

Requirements didnt change so much as did the requirement to prove your state of residence. If they have been cheating for several years, the DNR could go back a long ways. They will not be taken out of the system, they will be fined for illegally getting resident tags. And with the reporting system, it will be easy to tell if they illegally took a deer with that tag. I think some of them are in for a big surprise.

i may be wrong but.... drivers license- registered to vote , and you were good to go. it was 30 and now i hear 90 days . its going to be very difficult to go back, but who knows. i am not a lawyer . they sent letters to people , saying if you want to buy tags here , show us all your documents and we will decide. but... you didnt have to send the dnr anything. then you were knocked out of license system. not fined. my buddy is a lawyer in town and he has been all over this . maybe we are talking 2 differnt things, either way what will be interesting is whether the new head of dnr supports this. you never know

Top Bottom