Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

David Lindsey's 236 2/8

i may be wrong but.... drivers license- registered to vote , and you were good to go. it was 30 and now i hear 90 days . its going to be very difficult to go back, but who knows. i am not a lawyer . they sent letters to people , saying if you want to buy tags here , show us all your documents and we will decide. but... you didnt have to send the dnr anything. then you were knocked out of license system. not fined. my buddy is a lawyer in town and he has been all over this . maybe we are talking 2 differnt things, either way what will be interesting is whether the new head of dnr supports this. you never know

I dont think you could ever hold resident licenses in more than one state and that is easily enough tracked back for many years. That alone may be enough to catch many of them. Either way, I am glad to see the state put some effort into making what is right, right. Again, I hope the Lindsey deer it totally legit and as long as they are playing by the rules I wish them all the success. Anyone that is willing to spend multi-millions of dollars just to shoot big deer deserves it.

doesnt david and his son live in georgia? pretty sure they do, wondering how they are hunting with 3 tags every year.

We hunt on two sides of one of there farms and I know there is some bs going on. Just talk to the locals that live near there farms. jelousy is not the issue I dont care how big or small the deer is all that matters to me is the size of deer I shoot.

The more of this stuff I see, the more I realize I just am not impressed by managed deer from big properties. Give me a big kill from a common man.......like the Simmons kid's buck, then we'll talk.

Or more specifically, the deer Dornack killed on his public hunt in Kansas. Not forgetting the bull he killed either.

Last edited:
The more of this stuff I see, the more I realize I just am not impressed by managed deer from big properties. Give me a big kill from a common man.......like the Simmons kid's buck, then we'll talk.

Or more specifically, the deer Dornack killed on his public hunt in Kansas. Not forgetting the bull he killed either.

X infinity!

I hear ya River1. Big blocks of land owend by in state or out of state people is becoming more common than not. Keeping THERE heard of deer on there land using the resources that are not illegal is great to some. This is what drives the deer hunting in our state. See more and more tv shows about it every day. What is the difference in a food plot where I have multiple stands surrounding it or a BIG pile of apples by my stand. I dont have the money to farm deer like some but apples are cheap ;). Its a big deer for sure.

If we were these guys, owned the land here, and lived out of state, you can't tell me you wouldn't do the same thing! I don't blame them, I blame the law.

Great deer! I realize some of you are worried about the status of his sons residency......I saw some worried about the fact that he doesn't buy non-resident tags.....SERIOUSLY!!!! I wonder what he pays for taxes on that 5000 acres!!! How many residents do they pay to help manage their property if in fact the son does have a business in Georgia and can't always be there......are residents now no longer allowed to work out of state......somebody should tell the truckdrivers!!!! I do believe in doing the right thing but some should realize jealousy for what it is.

Great deer! I realize some of you are worried about the status of his sons residency......I saw some worried about the fact that he doesn't buy non-resident tags.....SERIOUSLY!!!! I wonder what he pays for taxes on that 5000 acres!!! How many residents do they pay to help manage their property if in fact the son does have a business in Georgia and can't always be there......are residents now no longer allowed to work out of state......somebody should tell the truckdrivers!!!! I do believe in doing the right thing but some should realize jealousy for what it is.

Doesnt matter what anyone pays for property taxes. That has nothing to do with the law. You just arent allowed to falsely claim residency here for the sole purpose of obtaining resident hunting license. And by the way, getting an Iowa drivers license under false pretense so you can claim to be a resident is a Felony. Some have found out the hard way and it cost them dearly.

I am sure that they have learned the hard way. Like I said I do believe in doing the right thing which is why I am a non-resident landowner who hasn't drawn for a tag in 3 years. I love where I live but I do enjoy visiting my farm at all times of the year not just hunting season. I took a very nice deer on my farm 4 years ago, yes I did not apply one year because I was pregnant with my youngest son. I just find it odd that if this man was not hunting just piddling around his farm and happened to own a business in Georgia that I don't believe ANYONE in Iowa would care, but he happens to take a nice deer and suddenly all of the jealous hunters get on their computers and start ranting.......have any of you met them, spoken to them or do you just pass gossip among each other???? I also realize that the property taxes have nothing to do with the law, that was actually in response to the dollars and cents guy who was posting about the fact that money is lost because resident tags are cheaper.......simply pointing out that the dollars he would be spending there are greater than if he bought a non resident tag every three or four years. Just wondering I saw someone post something about having to be there 90 consecutive days before the hunting season.......that would put you somewhere in July I believe, you mean to tell me NO Iowa residents go on vacation in July or August???? I find that hard to believe...... if that is in fact true are any of you really legal?

It doesnt mean you have to physically be in iowa for 90 consecutive days prior to the season! It means that if you move to iowa from another state, you cant buy a resident licesnse until 90 days after moving

Its not about one big deer. Its about the fact that MANY nonresidents are buying up huge tracts of land with the intent of skirting our residency laws. It takes resources away from those that truely ARE residents of the state and should be able to enjoy the benefits thereof. No jealousy, just what is right and wrong and its time that the residents finally stand up for what is right and speak up to put an end to it.

Its not about one big deer. Its about the fact that MANY nonresidents are buying up huge tracts of land with the intent of skirting our residency laws. It takes resources away from those that truely ARE residents of the state and should be able to enjoy the benefits thereof. No jealousy, just what is right and wrong and its time that the residents finally stand up for what is right and speak up to put an end to it.

My point exactly, its not about jealousy.

Mark Drury and Jay Gregory

If we are going to throw the Lindsey's under the bus, we best take a hard look at the FAMOUS guys then.

Let's look at Mark Drury. Check out the webpage below. It says he lives in Osceola, Iowa and scroll down and his daughter Taylor lives in St. Peters, Mo. www.druryoutdoors.com/team.php

Let's look at Jay Gregory. He claims Iowa residency. His wife doesn't (you can search her name: Tammy, when the draw status appears on the DNR website each year and see she is a non-resident). His business is in Hamilton, Missouri which is 3 hrs. from his farm. http://thewildoutdoors.com/contact/

These guys are playing the same game.

I'm 50/50 on this. Don't know which side I'm on. Kind of like justifying a tax writeoff. If it is legal and they can abide by the laws then maybe they are fine.

????????????????????????????????

Spending a month in the treestand and a couple weekends on the farm doesn't make you a resident of the State of Iowa. It makes you a dishonest person skirting the laws.

If we are going to throw the Lindsey's under the bus, we best take a hard look at the FAMOUS guys then.

Let's look at Mark Drury. Check out the webpage below. It says he lives in Osceola, Iowa and scroll down and his daughter Taylor lives in St. Peters, Mo. www.druryoutdoors.com/team.php

Let's look at Jay Gregory. He claims Iowa residency. His wife doesn't (you can search her name: Tammy, when the draw status appears on the DNR website each year and see she is a non-resident). His business is in Hamilton, Missouri which is 3 hrs. from his farm. http://thewildoutdoors.com/contact/

These guys are playing the same game.

I'm 50/50 on this. Don't know which side I'm on. Kind of like justifying a tax writeoff. If it is legal and they can abide by the laws then maybe they are fine.

????????????????????????????????

Famous or not, anyone breaking the residency laws needs to be held accountable and pay the cost. It's up to us to make sure that it happens. I think a lot of us have neighbors doing this very thing and just let it go. It is only going to get worse if we do. Its time now to step up to the plate and do whats right for all of our fellow sportsmen in the state of Iowa that are not fortunate enought to own their own ground.

I really think that if you feel all of the names mentioned before are breaking the law, then you need to show proof to the apropriate authorities. Aurguing about it here and calling them law breakers does no good what so ever.

Top Bottom