Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CRP Mid Contract Change

YtailFreak

Does the NRCS ever allow mid contract changes to CRP contracts? For instance, if someone has a field of cool seasons grasses in contract, could it be converted to a warm seasons blend or maybe even a tree planting contract?

Figured it wouldn't hurt to check here on IW prior calling an office and asking. Chances are I'll get different answers from different county offices.

Does the NRCS ever allow mid contract changes to CRP contracts? For instance, if someone has a field of cool seasons grasses in contract, could it be converted to a warm seasons blend or maybe even a tree planting contract?

Figured it wouldn't hurt to check here on IW prior calling an office and asking. Chances are I'll get different answers from different county offices.
They might allow it but you would probably have to buy back the acreage you want to change.
Example, you want to buy back 10 acres and they paid out $150/acre every year for 5 years of your contract.
You would need to pay back $7500 they paid out to you, plus any cost share they paid to help put the CRP in. Kinda pricey in this example, if you are early into your contract it would be less than if you are many years in.

I read somewhere once(not sure where) that they will allow a change if they deem it an "upgrade". The way I understood it, you could potentially upgrade a cool seasons stand by converting it into a NWSG, tree planting, or pollinator.

Anything is possible. But FSA will not likely approve a change during the contract period. There is nothing on manual that authorize such changes.
FSA will allow the contract holder the option to upgrade cover if requested as part of re-enrollment and provide cost share.
Currently there is a general sign up going on right now.

Anything is possible. But FSA will not likely approve a change during the contract period. There is nothing on manual that authorize such changes.
FSA will allow the contract holder the option to upgrade cover if requested as part of re-enrollment and provide cost share.
Currently there is a general sign up going on right now.

FYI (all crp sign-ups for 2025 are due tomorrow March 15 by 4 pm)

FYI (all crp sign-ups for 2025 are due tomorrow March 15 by 4 pm)
Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the 1st batching period for continous crp. Applicants should be notified of acceptance in late April. This is to monitor sign up acres and not over enroll.

General sign up ends March 29th 2024.

If there is remaining acres after this continous sign up and after the general sign up, then another continous batching period will evaluate applications later in summer.

Get in while you can, if that is something you want to do.

Top Bottom