Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

16 Points photo

Liv4Rut

hey guys, here is a picture 16 point sent me, to put on here because he couldnt get it figured out. i will let him fill you in on the details, congrats, and great deer
smile.gif

1005josh-med.jpg

well it all started out it was opening day of first season shotgun and i went to one of my favorite spots on a bluff over lookin wide creek and real brushy in natural funnel about 100 yards wide and i hadent seen anything sept for a lone big bodied deer right at dawn i mean it was dark i kept loosen him caus it was that dark i could see him off the corn stubble well he left and about 7:45 two identical 8 point bucks came down the funnel to me and i shot the bigger of the two it was id say about 120 deer nice buck well first off me and dad hunt same area and we trade off spots well he said me go here and he would go down crrek into bigger timber well i shot that 8 point and went and sat at the tuck waited for dad while i was sittin at the truck i seen more deer there than i did sitting well we had three tags to fill so that afternoon we went back same area and i told dad go where i was id go where he was and towards evening id push it down to him well i set of cross pasture and sat down next to these locus trees where dad seen all the deer some out that morning well i thought it was a waste of time boy was i wrong it was a lone tree sat in the middle of a 60 acre pasture and it was 2:00 id i just sat down and here come six bucks running from where dad was he was only about 150 yards from me and when he walked in he pushed them out and they were all desent bucks so i picked the biggest of the six and shot and it hit him in the last rib cause he was at a dead sprint well i never shot a deer running good rule of thumb if ur not sure leading him enough, lead alittle bit more well it him in last rib so i took off after him and chased him from one end of timber to the next i walk about 3 miles and the deer would always stay 150 yards in front of me and all i was goin off was his hoof track cause no blood and wut snow there was i would just see a yellow spray but he had to crawl over a large log and it openined him up then he started to bleed well i chased him out into an open field and he couldnt jump the fence so i snuck up over the hill and shot him running away i was too the point where i didnt care wut i was had to do i was going to have that deer so i shot and hit him right in the back ham and dropped him by that time i lost all y shells and all i had was my knife so i walked up to him and relieved him of his air supply and it was 10 of shooting light left when i finally got him. there is alot i left out but i'll fill in people if they need it thanks again tell me wut u think he scored and i'll tell u wut i measured him at and he is an 11 point the other point like the one on the inside on the left side the right one was broke off i had seen this deer in bow season at 15 yards but never presented a shot but it was just like the other one must busted it off in the rut. thanks again!

I just love these kind of deer hunting stories. Running down the deer, out of slugs, had to put him out with the Bowie knife.
smile.gif

congrats 16 Point

Hunt on All4s

Top Bottom