Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st day of deer season

seen about 25 to 30 deer today. About 10 small bucks. Tons of deer moving in the morning but wern't hardly moving at all twords dark. Saw a bunch of little ones but no big shooters. The area we hunt has a state land section right behind me. Their was about 6 or 7 shots all day thier. And we hardly ever hear anything their and hardly nobody hunts their.( I havent seen any big deer there.) But at about 5pm i seen a 5x3. It was a small rack but it was tall and it had a split browtine. It was weird. But their were some other people we shared the land with. It was the first time they have hunted thier. They hunted in the south stand and his kid shot a little 4x4. So his dad went back out tonight and got a HUGE 4x4. I havent seen it yet(dont know if i will). But if i didnt have the stand were i i am at now i would have been sitting thier and i would have got him. (Thats the same stand i got my other deer i got mounted) I think tomorrow im going to try it out. The best of luck to everyone. Ill update my hunt after tomorrow. When i get home!

Top Bottom