Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st Post

killingtime

Love reading this site! I figured now would be a good of time as any for my 1st post. I didn't get to spend too much time in the field this year, but I did manage to get this guy during the shotgun season. You can't really tell from the pic, but he was missing half of his ear. Not sure if he tangled with a yote or what. All I know is it made me buy a new cape :mad: Oh well I guess I shouldn't complain too much!

BigIowa10pt2010.jpg

bad ear, eh...you got something against wrestlers?:) i would've left the ear, but to each their own. Congrats on a good buck.

Welcome and nice buck, hope to see many more and read some good stories, I to would of left the ear alone but everyones different

Thanks for the welcome guys! I too would of liked to of mounted him as is, but the wife wasn't thrilled with the idea of a half eared buck in her living room. Some women are hard to please!

NIce buck! I would have left the deer's ear as well. When I got my deer mounted he had a swollen eye probably from fighting. My taxi. put a liitle extra bondo around that eye to make it look like it did when I brought it to him. I think it adds a little more realistic touch cuz not all deer are peerfect. Course if I would have been married at the time the missus would probably made the taxi do the normal mount too.

Top Bottom