Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

.357 works on Does too

Rackaddict

Life Member
Last Saturday morning I had an 8 point show up and make a scrape about 40 yards in front of me. A flurry of does poured out of the woods and the chase was on. He ran a doe around a she stopped about 45 yards out. I passed on the buck in hopes that he would eventually make his way passed one of my brothers stands. I shot the doe and she dropped in her tracks. The buck looked at her curiously for a moment then was off chasing the others in the group. He never did run past either of my brothers, but hey, I tried.
grin.gif

58211-13-2004_Doe.jpg

Rack I have been waiting to see if you were going to use that hog leg again this year. Congrats to you. Did you use your blind or tree stand???

1Arrow, Due to my neighbor to the south having fired 8 rounds about 15 minutes earlier, I was out of my stand and on the ground... hiding behind a tree.
crazy.gif

Rack, it sounds like your rifle season is alot like ours in Nebraska. "If the lead is not flyin', nothin' is dyin'!"
rambo.gif
biggun.gif

Hey rack, hiding behind a tree is a very safe and smart thing to do, just hope it was a BIG tree.
evil.gif

Very cool Rack! I was wondering where the shot placement was to make it drop like that??
smile.gif

Scout, I'm shooting a S&W 686+.

Kat, I hit her in the neck. I would love to tell you that's where I was aiming but to be honest my sights nearly covered her whole body at that distance. So it was just dumb luck.
crazy.gif

But I'd rather be lucky than good any day!
grin.gif

Top Bottom