Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4th season opener

deerhunter93

I decided to head back to the property that I shot a tom at during second season because there were lots of birds in the area. My plan was to get to a high ridge and listen for gobbles and make a move. I was able to get there before they started gobbling and quickly realized most of the birds were off the property I could hunt. It did sound like three were close enough to go after though so I circled around and got set with one gobbling about 150 yards straight in front of my and two gobbling further down the ridge to my right. The birds were hammering really well on the limb and shortly before sunrise I heard the one in front of me fly down. I could hear him spitting and drumming and the next gobble was definitely closer. I got the gun ready and pretty soon I could see his fan cresting the rise. He strutted his way in right at me and then jumped up on a log and I dropped the hammer. It was a gorgeous morning in the turkey woods and I was able to make it back as my kids got to daycare so I could share it with them.
69dd3154349e9327e1fd2aa7fabff627.jpg
8599d5d8f1cc7f353c0f35be93e78b03.jpg
364b5bc657b9a7d48dfb1740d30869a7.jpg

Man this morning would have been fantastic to be out instead of behind a desk. Awesome photos. I'd really like to get one in close like that and no blind.

Top Bottom