Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

6-8 ft cultipacker

tall@wide

PMA Member
Anyone have 6-8 ft cultipacker in good shape that is for sale? I would need it delivered to Decatur county. I may just buy a new one but figured I'd check to see if a used one is or sale in the area.

Check Craigs list in that area I got mine that way.........normally you can find them.

Towards bottom- see one called JD F950…. That’s the style I have and I love it!!!!! Raise & lower for transport. & tines in between rollers.
The price on that one is insane but this is what I’d look for. I have a few & I paid $500 to $2k for mine. U do wanna check: tires (lot of weight if only 2 tires vs duals), bearings, frame, welds, all rollers ok, etc. If well taken care of - they awesome. If not- gonna have some time into welding & replacing parts.

Bingo!!! Here u go!!!!!

Bunch of em actually!!!!
B487A5AD-0524-459E-BD9C-E8EB22B186C1.png
903074CD-9AD1-4C8E-91DB-0B6C66D04A3C.png

THIS is one I’d buy….. like this. AG tires on it too..
912EC068-C903-45FD-849F-84D9BE9902BB.png

I was looking for a couple of years. Seems the quality ones are almost full price, and personally didn't want something that was a falling apart rust bucket.

If you don't mind a tow behind, you can find quite a few on craigslist. A little difficult to transport however.

I bit the bullet and just bought a Brillion PP6 - 3PT with 20" ductile iron rollers. Delivery next month! Have a few creek crossings, etc that just makes a 3 point preferable for me. Good luck!

I was looking for a couple of years. Seems the quality ones are almost full price, and personally didn't want something that was a falling apart rust bucket.

If you don't mind a tow behind, you can find quite a few on craigslist. A little difficult to transport however.

I bit the bullet and just bought a Brillion PP6 - 3PT with 20" ductile iron rollers. Delivery next month! Have a few creek crossings, etc that just makes a 3 point preferable for me. Good luck!
Yes a 3pt is ideally what I need too. I have a call in checking on the price of a Brillion. I had an 8ft everything attachment cultipacker years ago that I sold. It was great and I wish I had kept it.

$4600 delivered is what I'm paying, up from $3800 or so last fall. My fault for waiting.. o_O

Brillion PP6, CAT 1 3 PT - 20" rollers.

Yes a 3pt is ideally what I need too. I have a call in checking on the price of a Brillion. I had an 8ft everything attachment cultipacker years ago that I sold. It was great and I wish I had kept it.
Just a FWIW thought...my neighbor recently told me of his dissatisfaction with his 3 pt culti-packer. His report is that it "follows" the contour of uneven ground behind his tractor too much. This leads to uneven packing. He is now planning on going back to a pull behind to combat this issue.

• Deleted by Bassattackr
Show…
Just a FWIW thought...my neighbor recently told me of his dissatisfaction with his 3 pt culti-packer. His report is that it "follows" the contour of uneven ground behind his tractor too much. This leads to uneven packing. He is now planning on going back to a pull behind to combat this issue.

Hmm.. Dave - My experience has been the opposite. Most 3 pt implements don’t follow the contours as well as pull behinds do, due to being fixed on the lower arms.

3 Point drills can have the same issue. Depth differences on rows on either end of the drill as they don’t follow the contours as well.

Hmm.. Dave - My experience has been the opposite. Most 3 pt implements don’t follow the contours as well as pull behinds do, due to being fixed on the lower arms.

3 Point drills can have the same issue. Depth differences on rows on either end of the drill as they don’t follow the contours as well.
I don't think I made myself very clear...my intent was to say something similar to what I think you wrote. That is...his 3 pt cultipacker did not smooth evenly because the device(cultipacker) was flowing across the ground "with the tractor" too much. He felt like he would have better control (more even) if the cultipacker was "floating" as a pull behind device.

Is that better? :)

I don't think I made myself very clear...my intent was to say something similar to what I think you wrote. That is...his 3 pt cultipacker did not smooth evenly because the device(cultipacker) was flowing across the ground "with the tractor" too much. He felt like he would have better control (more even) if the cultipacker was "floating" as a pull behind device.

Is that better? :)

Agree completely Dave :)

It's definitely a tradeoff. 3 PT easier to transport, tow behind seems to contour better overall. Especially for larger plots.

My 3 PT being only 6' should help with contour issues. Only plotting 3-5 acres right now.

Also FWIW...I bought a BIG cultipacker a few years back that was a pull behind, but there were no wheels on it, etc, so as to transport it from one field to the next. It did a great job, but I had to drag it all over the farm and nowadays the only time I use the thing is when I have planted brassicas. So, I cut the big one essentially in half and brought 1/2 of it back to shop for modifications...to be a 3 pt device.

I thought I had nailed it, but then my neighbor told me of his experience, that I tried to describe above, and I thought...OK, alrighty, we'll bring it back to the shop again...only this time I will add some more steel so when in use, it will be a pull behind...and when in transport, it will be a 3 pt implement. :) I just haven't done it yet, but I think then I will the best of both worlds...transportability via 3 pt and smoothing via pull behind.

Top Bottom