Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

7 1/2 year old finally harvested

gunrunr

Life Member
I was finally able to harvest this very old and mature 7.5 year old 8 point whitetail buck during shotgun season. I have sheds from him for 3 of the past 4 years. He has been living on my farm, dropping his sheds for me to find, and walking in front of my cameras for many years like a ghost but yesterday he made a fatal mistake. He used to be a 9 pointer with longer beams and is definitely on the downward slide in size already. He does still have very good mass and 11.5" G2's. I measured him hanging on the hook after gutting and he was still 210# and 8' long from nose to hoof!

deera.jpg
deere.jpg

congratulations on a great deer!!! must feel nice to know he is there for so long and finally outsmart him!! goodjob and congrats again
smile.gif

Nice buck!! That would be so cool to watch a buck for so long and then harvest him.
waytogo.gif

This one must have kept you busy all fall, we had not heard from you in awhile. Great buck with a great history.

Awesome! I recently had a buck that I only knew existed for a week get under my skin. I can't imagine having that long of a history with a particular deer and then harvesting him. Reminds me of Don Kisky's double drop tine buck story. Great Job!
waytogo.gif

Awesome story and great pics. Has to be great feeling to harvest him after working so long to get him.. Way to go!!!
cool.gif

gunrunr you are very good person to have in this sport of deer hunting. You feed that deer and gave him a good life on your land. It sounds like you let him live and breed the does for a long time. It also sounds like you knew this deer like a rival. I'm sure he won somedays and now you finally won the last battle between a great deer and a great hunter and woodsman. But you only took him when you saw he was not going to get any bigger. This is one of those stories where he may not be your biggest deer but I bet you pipe up and tell all the stories you have about this deer when someone asks "When did you get this deer?" Like I said he may not be your biggest deer but I bet one that makes you very proud to harvest.
My hats off to you and that deer.

Great buck with great mass. Nice job and persistance does pay off - Congrats!

peace.gif

Top Bottom