Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A Few Spring Pictures

marco

I spent the last 2 weekends turkey hunting. 2 Weeks ago went out to South Dakota and shot a jake in some of the worst hunting conditions possible. He came into the decoys during a blizzard, got 6 inches where I was at, so I decided to take him. Fast forward to this past weekend and I took a trip with my brother a buddy and his 7 year old son. Saturday was very windy most of the day. We did not see much in the morning so we decided to move the blind to a bean field we had seen turkeys feeding in the previous afternoon. Since we only had 2 days to hunt we decided to sit in the blind all day figuring we could catch a nap before the late afternoon activities heated up. Ended up having turkeys cruise through all afternoon. We couldn't get a lone tom to committ and passed on three jakes that came in. Then we had a bearded hen come in and I decided to take her. She had a 8.25 inch beard! I ended up calling the NWTF and they have only ever had 18 hens with beards over 8 inches recorded so I think I'm going to register her. JNRBRONC your 7+ inch bearded lady would make the top 30 if you're interested. The rest of Saturday was uneventful. Sunday morning my brother and I had lots of gobbeling around us but no action. My buddy and his son had 4 toms come in and ended up getting a double! One was a double beard and the other a triple beard, both very nice birds. After some disccusion my brother and I decided to go back to their double bull and set up hoping to bring one of the other toms back in. After only 25 minutes in the blind we heard a gobble. I called lightly and he immediately responded and headed our way. It took about 10 minutes for him to close the 150 yard gap, it was just awsome watching him strut, gobble and drum all the way in. Shot him at 15 yards. He had a monster double beard, almost 4 inches in diameter when you put the two together. 3 big birds out of one blind in 1.5 hours!
SDTurkey.jpg
HarrisonCounty.jpg
4thSeason.jpg
Monster_Double_Beard.jpg
Paintbrush.jpg
Bearded_Hen.jpg
Turkey_Hunting.jpg
Triple.jpg
bearded_hen1.jpg

made these bigger for ya, hope you dont mind /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

it looked like you had a great season!!!

Congrats!!!

SDTurkey.jpg

HarrisonCounty.jpg

Monster_Double_Beard.jpg

Paintbrush.jpg

Bearded_Hen.jpg

Turkey_Hunting.jpg

Triple.jpg

bearded_hen1.jpg

Congrats on a great season. I feel your pain about the blizzard. I was in it in Western MN.

Looks like a great time and I love the paint brush on the one tom!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marco</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> JNRBRONC your 7+ inch bearded lady would make the top 30 if you're interested. </div></div>

Good to know. Thanks.

WTG.. looks like a great season!

Those pine trees look familiar. Were you in Western Iowa for that pic?

Congrats to everyone!

hoofline.gif

Congrats to all of you, nice birds. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Details Here!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Top Bottom