Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Advice

sep0667

Land of the Whitetail
For registering land for LOT. My question is does renting out the tillable to an unrelated person as a tenant to farm in a corn/soybean rotation qualify? My annual decision about the farm would be to continue to lease out that ground an an annual basis, the $/per acre agreed upon to rent, no cutting of trees on those acres, no livestock on those acres. Just want to make sure I am legal.

1698420656863.png

For registering land for LOT. My question is does renting out the tillable to an unrelated person as a tenant to farm in a corn/soybean rotation qualify? My annual decision about the farm would be to continue to lease out that ground an an annual basis, the $/per acre agreed upon to rent, no cutting of trees on those acres, no livestock on those acres. Just want to make sure I am legal.

View attachment 126138
If you own it and rent out tillable acres, you are good to go.

I don't know what LOT is. But in various other aspects of "things", cash renting land doesn't qualify you as a farm operator by their definitions. Renting it on shares does.

I don't know what LOT is. But in various other aspects of "things", cash renting land doesn't qualify you as a farm operator by their definitions. Renting it on shares does.
Landowner tag.

You have to meet one of the requirements above. The red in circled is what in my mind would qualify me

Top Bottom