Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Albia buck

G

has anybody heard of the possible 300 inch buck around albia that was shot "at" during 1st shotgun season?

I have been informed that a buck of such potential caliber was gutshot and not recovered in the first shotgun season. Please share with me any info u have. There was at least one and maybe two of those in the area. I would think it would be highly unlikely there were three of them.

515-689-4491

the only thing i,ve heard is not from the actual person who shot the deer so it's all speculation. What i did hear was that it was guessed around 300 inches, never recovered and a few people were really sick about it.

The buck in question was less then 10 miles from albia. Check out pictures of sheds from last year @ www.soapcreekoutfitters.com
Also, I was told their were pictures of deer in the albia paper of two bucks shot around melrose. Both were huge non-typicals around 300 inches! I missed the paper and would like two see the pictures.

I heard that the big non-typical had been recovered,however not by the guy who shot it. Also it green scored around 290.

There is a new ruling regarding "found" deer effective November 29, 2001. People involved in this situation need to be aware of it. I can provide a copy of the rule authored by Larry Wilson of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources.

Has the rack been scored by an "Official" measurer.

Is it for sure the deer whose sheds are on the internet website? There was some info that there could have been more than one such deer in the area.

I sure hope that pictures will appear on here soon.

What are these new rules you are talking about Bill. Can you fill us in?

The short version of the rule is that when a deer is found. The proper procedure is to notify the local game warden who shall determine if there is any illegal activity connected to the deer's death. If not there is a form to be filled out and the finder is entitled to keep the antlers. In the event the private landowner wants the deer the landowner will be given ownership.

If you want to call me at 515-689-4491 I will be happy to mail you a copy of the rule that went into effect November 29, 2001

I guy at work brought in a picture of a buck shot around Albia, Centerville, Or Seymor area. They did not want to be to specific. This deer was huge. Taken sencond day of first shotgun season.

Top Bottom