Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

anbody have any info on "cheap" muzzleloaders??

teeroy

Life Member
i know a kid who wants to get a muzzleloader and is looking at guns in the neighborhood of $200. it has to take the 209 primers, and should be stainless. i'm trying to work him a deal on a knight, but i don't know much about the other brands. are there any he should definately NOT consider??

after learning the hard way i now stay away from anything "cheap". granted, that doesn't mean a high quality gun for a cheap price wouldn't work. personally, i'm not a fan of CVA or Traditions, but lots of people on this site love them.

BUY AN ENCORE AND BE DONE WITH IT, IT WILL BE THE LAST PIECE OF EQUIPMENT YOU NEED TO BUY FOR MUZZLELOADING GRANTED YOU TAKE CARE OF IT

The encore is probably the best rifle on the market in my opinion. But Thompson Center makes rifle around 200 too. Look for the T/C Black Diamond, it's starts around 280 and its a great gun too!
jason

I JUST GOT MY 2 OF MY KIDS CVA OPTIMA'S. I'M IMPRESSED WITH THE GUN FOR THE PRICE. $200.00. EASY TO CLEAN AND MAINTAIN. ALSO MAY WANT TO LOOK AT A ROSSI. THEY ARE ABOUT THE SAME, MAYBE A LITTLE LESS...
waytogo.gif

Shop around for a Knight Wolverine- sweet shooting gun. Stainless will run a little more though- with the new powders why does it have to be stainless?

I think the stainless isjust for looks... but im not sure.

jason

knight makes a cheap muzzleloader around 100.00. they tell me that the guys that buy the expensive one come back and buy the plain 100.00 one. they can take the abuse and still shoot well. sometimes Knight has "case guns" that they take to the shows. you can sometimes find them pretty cheap. if you call ask for kathy, very helpful and tell her what your looking for. good luck

I looked on the Knight website and they have the Knight American for $210. I bought one of these 5 years ago and payed $150. I have nothing but good things to say about this gun. I have never had any problems with it what so ever. For the money I spent on it I have definitly gotten my moneys worth. If everything keeps going like it has with this gun I don't ever see myself buying another muzzleloader. This one should last me a long time. In my opinion if you are looking for a lower priced muzzleloader your can't go wrong with a Knight American.

Re: anbody have any info on "cheap" muzzleloaders?

I won't question the quality of the Knights and they're made right here in Iowa so if you can afford it, go that way. However, I have a CVA Hunterbolt mag (209 setup) and have absolutely no complaints. Reliable and accurate ... have only shot at three deer and took all three (two of them were clean, one-shot kills). On sale at Cabela's for about $130.

Threebeards

The CVA optima pro's are nice and not that expensive. I have the nickel with the mossyoak camo. We went out and shot it yesterday. Seems pretty accurate out to about 200yds. It was windy here though. Check out www.sagecreekoutfitters.com - they seem to have the best price.

Top Bottom