Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arrows?

R

Ruben

What are everyone's choice of arrows? (Brand, carbon vs. alum, vanes vs. feathers)

feathers, graphite. Browning Gold Tip's. Hunters are cheaper and work great. XT's would be better for 3D's.

Kinda depends on what you are shooting and for what purpose.

I agree with Deadeye! Gold tip is the arrow of choice for me and most of my friends. They are cheaper than a lot of others and tune incredibly well. I've shot Easton, Beman, Carbon Express to name a few and I will ever go back to them. Gold Tip components are wonderful to work with and very dependable. Plastic fletches are more durable as well and you don't have to worry about them when they get wet!
grin.gif

make that 3 for GoldTip. i shoot the XT's and the 3D pros but for bowhunting the hunter series is all a person needs. great arrows at a good reasonable price.
waytogo.gif

I hunt with Easton XX78 2219's with 4" feathers, 3D with Carbon Express CXL 250 Selects with 3" Vanes, and am going to target with Easton 2612 with 4" feathers. Works good for me.

Since were on the subject,
What are your opinions on feathers vs. vanes. I guess I have always fletched my own arrows with feathers but I'm almost tempted to just use vanes. What do you think?

BT

i like feathers. they may not hold up in the rain as well but they just seem to fly better for me. quieter also. another thing is that when it gets cold vanes seem to get super stiff and not work as well. ask 100 people and get 100 different answers, those are my opinions.

26404-archer[1].gif
I got turned onto the Gold Tip 5575 carbons and they work well for me on my Mathews bow. I shoot feathers and they are quiet.
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

I shoot gold tips for hunting. I quit using them for 3-Ds. I have had a couple close calls with cracked and broken arrows. A couple years ago a local shooter had a Gold Tip break on release and shot right thru his hand. Aluminums bend or break, there is no in between as with carbons.

HT

I've shot both feathers and vanes and find the feathers to be a little more forgiving, along with being quieter. You can also smooth the feathers back out after a tight group where a vane will be torn.

Threebeards

Top Bottom