Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ATV HELP

Ghost

Life Member
Ranger, Mule, Rhino, Kubota, Gator, etc.....

Has anyone researched the new utility ATV's. I'm thinking of trading the wheeler for something a bit more functional. 4 x 4 is a must!

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
grin.gif

You really liked that Ranger at the vous huh? Avoid the mule bud...Midwest honda has the yamaha version and I have not checket it out yet...only a two seater tho. Gator is a good one too but I doubt it will go where the Ranger took me, husker, bowhunt and Bigtimber...course it may not be as top heavy either????????

from the tv shows, and magazines i've seen, the yamaha rhino is the top of the heap. same 600 motor as the grizzly (geared down) more balls than any of the others. has 4x4 and a dif locker. has more speed for playtime

My son works at the Kawasaki factory in Maryville, Ms. I rode his new 700 4x4 camo package the other day and was super impressed with it. It was more fun than I have had in years.
crazy.gif

I have a Artic Cat 650 V Twin along with 27 inch mudders on it, This machine is like a family vehicle, It crawls through mud like a hot knife in butter. Iwould have bought the honda but the snorkle was lower than i expected, I own a Foremen 2001 but sold it before i moved and bought the artic cat for that reason. Get a Honda.

I guess it depends on what you want to use it for. I've now looked at most of them offered. Here's what I found...

Gator - Ok for banging around the farm but not real functional for extreme off road.

Mule - Just not up to speed with the competition.

Rhino - Best of the pack for off-road but not much of a workhorse and only a two seater.

Ranger - Best all around for combined working and playing IMO.

Kubota - Best for rugged working but lots of cash.

Yamaha finally got my Rhino to Iowa City, I should be able to pick it up this Friday. I had a Grizzly but it didn't fit my needs. It was ahoot to drive and I loved it, but I never used it. I had it for 18 months and only put 40 hours and 90 miles on it. It went anywhere. So I wanted a side by side and Yamaha came out with theirs last fall. Same drive train and independent suspension as the Griz. I did get to drive my Rhino the other day, couldn't take it home as they were waiting on the winch mounting plate. Here is my very short impression, well, the smile on my face says it all. Its well worth the 4 month wait and the very cranky call I made to Yamaha, which incedentaly had the Rhino headed to Iowa the next day. It felt as stable as the Griz, a little more top heavy but solid. Seats are kinda narrow so BIG folks might have a fitment problem. The 2 inch receiver is 14 inches off the ground which is just right for the trailer it will pull. The stock tires won't dig up the yard to bad. The wife won't be afraid to use it aroud the yard. I think its a keeper. The bed will only hold 400 pounds and is a little on the small side but it will tow around 1200 pounds too. I'm sure these numbers are on the conservative side. The roll cage is very solid and I have lots of different ideas for mounting gun racks etc. I can't wait.

The 'Bonker

I have had good experieces with the Kawisaki over the last 2 years but the Polaris will kick the snot out of it. Even if it entail hauling bowhunts drunk ass around in the timber

Just a heads up, if going to higher elevations i would recomend the Kawasaki. Every polaris i have taken to the mountains has had problems while the kawasaki i take has run just fine. You can have your Polaris's re-jetted but that's kind of a pain to do before you leave and when you come back.

Top Bottom