Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Awesome day!!

Thefrgt10

PMA Member
What a day. I finally got the monkey off my back. Ive been huntin turkeys for 5 years now and for the past 2 I havent killed one. The morning started out kind of slow and I only heard 2 gobbles. So I set up hoping something would come by and I had 4 of our bearded friends show up. I watched them strut for about 20 minutes and then I finally got a shot. I shot at one and must have missed because he didnt drop. They all just kind of jumped and stood there like what the hell was that, so I picked this one for my second shot and down he went at 40 yards. Them 3 1/2" shells do the job. Hes just a jake but hes a big one. About 18 lbs. 5 inch beard. Its the first jake Ive ever killed. But Im just as proud. These boys are way to elusive to be choosy.

DCP_0003.JPG

Congratulations are in order, way to stick with it and fill that tag!!! Feels pretty good to outsmart a bird with a brain the size of a grape!
smile.gif
I'm kiddin' with ya, good job!

muddy

Congrats on your first bird!

One of the best hunts you can go on, Iowa turkey hunting, nothing like it.

In the bush I can't stress enough "to let them get close", bow range even with a gun and it takes one in the brain to knock them down and bring them home.

Got my first bird in '84, Ozark Mtns, before Iowa had a season, I will always remember that hunt.

Good job taking your camera in the woods, can't beat a good field photo.

Thanks for sharing,

TLH

uploadedtonycamera.jpg

Great Job! Way to stick with it. Now get some mushrooms and deep fat fry that bad boy cajun style and you have your self a meal that not many people have the pleasure of enjoying!

Go Early, Stay Late... Limb Chicken

[This message has been edited by Limb Chicken (edited 04-16-2002).]

Whats up guys, just to let you know that this was not my first bird it was just the first jake ive killed since ive started. I start 5 years ago and so far I have killed 4 long beards and i got my jake this year. Hopefully I can put a big boy on the ground 4th season but im not to worried about it because i finally got one after a 2 year drought.

Good luck
Numba1

Top Bottom