Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bald Eagle Shot in Iowa

blake

Life Member
NEWS!

Bald eagle shot in Iowa's Davis County

Bloomfield, Iowa – State conservation officials in Iowa are asking for help to catch the person or persons responsible for shooting a bald eagle in southwest Davis County. The eagle was shot from a gravel road while it was feeding on a deer that died during the winter.

Bald eagles are opportunistic feeders including scavenging on dead fish or animals. Officials fear this activity could continue as more dead deer are revealed from the disappearing snow. The incident was reported to the Iowa DNR on March 10.

Anyone with information on the case is encouraged to contact State Conservation Officer Bob Stuchel at (641) 777-2169, State Conservation Officer Matt Rush at (641) 777-7805, or the Turn-in-Poachers hotline at (800) 532-2020, or online by going to www.iowadnr.gov/tip. Callers can remain anonymous.

“If someone provides information that leads to a conviction, they could receive an award of up to $1,000 from the Turn-in-Poachers program,” said Steve Dermand, DNR representative to the TIP board.

TURN IN POACHERS!
1-800-532-2020

tiplogo.gif

TIP

Update to Original in Todays Paper

STORY UPDATE - Not Just one Eagle....... :mad:

4 eagles shot dead in Iowa's Davis County

The Associated Press

MOULTON -- Authorities said they're looking for who may have shot and killed four bald eagles in Davis County.

In March, the Iowa Department of Natural Resources requested help in catching those responsible for the shooting of a bald eagle while it fed on a deer in Davis County. Now officials say three other bald eagles, a red-tailed hawk and more than 12 deer were found shot and killed near the towns of Moulton and Mark.

State conservation officer Bob Stuchel said the second eagle was killed while feeding on deer. Two more eagles were shot while in
cottonwood trees.

Conservation officers said they have no motive in the shootings, and no arrests have been made.

This kind of behavior is disgusting. I hope they catch them and throw the book at them. :(

Thanks for the update.

I live in the area where the eagles and deer were shot.Word has it thet it was a bunch of kids (14-19)I also heard that they know who it was and have talked to a couple of them.They scared the crap out of them and the ones they got to talk to spilled their guts and gave names of the ones that actully did it.The problem now is that at least one kids parents won't let the CO talk to the kid because he is underage.I think those parents should be put in jail for obstruction of justice until they allow investigaters to interview their kid.
Thge good part about it is that the killing spree is probably over.The bad part is that no one is being punished for it yet.

Not to mention that killing both bald eagles and redtail hawks is Federal offense and carry fines of up to $10,000/incident (individual bird). That also comes with a lifetime Federal crime on their records for the 18+ year old kids and will follow them for the rest of their lives. I hope they get the local book as well as the Federal book thrown at them. I'm willing to bet that a FWS Special Investigator will take over the bird killing investigations and the DOJ will be talking to the parents with Federal charges for them if they are, in fact, obstructing a Federal investigation. I could probably make some calls and ensure it gets done!

This just makes me sick to my stomach. I hope they get whats coming to them. I love watching eagles and hawks. Bunch of irresponsible little turds.

Top Bottom