Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best place for selling old farm equipment

Butch973

Picked up another small farm and as they typically are, it is full of old farm equipment. At least three decent looking disks, looks like a John Deere 7000 4 row planter and then a few real old John Deere planters. The local scrap guy said he would give me $50 a ton for everything but I’m pretty sure there’s got to be a market for it not sure the best avenue to go. I’m not very social media savvy so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Picked up another small farm and as they typically are, it is full of old farm equipment. At least three decent looking disks, looks like a John Deere 7000 4 row planter and then a few real old John Deere planters. The local scrap guy said he would give me $50 a ton for everything but I’m pretty sure there’s got to be a market for it not sure the best avenue to go. I’m not very social media savvy so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I’d be very interested in the 7000 4 row

Okay once the weather breaks I’ll try and get them pulled out of the jungle and post some pictures. The one planter and the disks all look in good shape. I know the local auction place has a spring machinery auction but I don’t have much free time to haul it all down there. I guess I was more curious if there were guys that actually would come out to your place and give you a fair price for the items and then haul them away and resell them themselves.

Okay once the weather breaks I’ll try and get them pulled out of the jungle and post some pictures. The one planter and the disks all look in good shape. I know the local auction place has a spring machinery auction but I don’t have much free time to haul it all down there. I guess I was more curious if there were guys that actually would come out to your place and give you a fair price for the items and then haul them away and resell them themselves.
Yes, where are you located?

Could always call a bigiron rep and they will list it on their online auction. I think they get 8 or 9 percent commission but a lot of people will see your listings.

Could always call a bigiron rep and they will list it on their online auction. I think they get 8 or 9 percent commission but a lot of people will see your listings.
Good idea! At least maybe I can use those listings for a reference as to what these items may be worth I know the one disc is a John Deere and it looks in really good shape. Not sure if it’s 12 or 15 foot. Thanks

Top Bottom