Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bleep!!! I forgot my........

Cooter

We have all done it with something. Yesterday I was at the truck getting ready to head in. Opened the door of my truck.

BLEEP!!!

I forgot my bow. Good thing it is only a 5 minute drive and I run early so I was able to get in the stand before sun up.

So don't be shy. What have you made it to the timber or even your treestand without?

Mobile Cooter using IW

Two mornings ago I was about 100yds from my stand when I realized I left my binos in the truck. I didn't have time to walk 1/2 mile back so I lived without them that sit.

Binos multiple times, release, bow (had to walk a quarter mile back to the truck for that one).

about ten years ago woke up at 3am to make a waterfowl hunt south of me about 90 minutes. Showed, up got dressed and 10gauge was nowhere to be found. Left in on the front stoop at my parents. Luckily one of the guys we were with happened to bring two guns so I could still hunt.

Kratz

We have all done it with something. Yesterday I was at the truck getting ready to head in. Opened the door of my truck.

BLEEP!!!

I forgot my bow. Good thing it is only a 5 minute drive and I run early so I was able to get in the stand before sun up.

So don't be shy. What have you made it to the timber or even your treestand without?

Mobile Cooter using IW

I did the exact same thing last Thursday....bow sitting by the front door at home..I realized it when I went to get it out of the truck when I got to the farm....bummer, home is 45 miles north of my farm...that sucked!

I made it to the field last year and started getting dressed for the hunt, realized I left my boots at home, hunted in my crocs :D Feet got a little chilly that morning.

I don't think I've ever forgotten something going into the woods. I've left plenty of things in the woods though. Most recently, my harness tree strap. First hunt of the year I managed to lose my release which misplacing it when I went to field dress a doe I shot. I'm special.

2 days ago left my release on the ground next to my truck where I got ready.. 25 min walk to my stand before I realized, ended that hunt quickly, yesterday my brother left his boots at my house, we were hunting 1 1/2 hrs from home.. he had wore his house slippers that he had on!!!

Finger tab and binocs are the main things I've forgot over the years. The worst of recent memory though wasn't on a deer hunt. It was opening day of dove season two years ago. I was there well before first light, got the dekes set up, sat down and poured myself a cup of coffee. Then as it was getting light enough to see, I went to load my flintlock, oops!..........that's when I discovered I had left my powder horn at home!:eek:

2 weeks ago I made the 20 minute walk to my tree, got clipped in, and realized that I forgot my quiver in the truck. Climbed out of the tree and made the trip back to the truck. Just as I was getting back in the stand, my coat fell to the ground. So, down the tree I go again to retrieve my coat. As I climbed in the stand again, my head lamp, rangefinder, and grunt tube fall to the ground. By the time I got back in the stand I was covered in sweat. So, I settled in and froze my ass off that morning.

first youth hunt this year no primers, lucky a buddy was bringing his nephew to the same property and had some, an hour from home. then he and i went to bow hunt and i forgot my coat, brrrr, have forgot drinks and stuff plenty but its never when im hunting my stand a mile from my house where i bring twice as much as i need its when im far from home

Last season I climbed in the tree put my bow on the hook took my quiver off my bow, knocked an arrow hung it back up got everything situated picked up the bow to draw it back just to loosen up a bit looked through the peep and no sight! My trophy ridge "toolless" adjustment sight had slid off the base, luckily it was in my bow case when I got back to the truck. Man did I feel like a tool!

On my first hunt this year I got all the way to the timber before I realized that I forgot to replace my field tips with broadheads.

dedgeez said:
I made it to the field last year and started getting dressed for the hunt, realized I left my boots at home, hunted in my crocs :D Feet got a little chilly that morning.

Did that on my first hunt This year, luckily it wasnt to cold. And like above forgot to switch feild tips to broadheads, budy was with me and gave me one. That was on the excact same hunt.

Last edited:
On my first sit of this year i forgot my camo. Good thing i had a blind i could sit in for that hunt. Kind of funny how you can hunt for years and still takes a hunt or two every season to iron the wrinkles out.

Top Bottom