Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blind Sow (Turkey Question)

Limb Chicken

Doug,
You have always been a great source for us and was wondering if I could pick your brain. I was looking through the flyer about the new ELSI for the turkey season and I saw nothing about not being able to get a gun/bow combo and a archery only tag. Please tell me they are finally going to let us get a gun/bow and a archery only tag.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Go Early, Stay Late... Limb Chicken

Thanks for the info Doug. I still don't understand why. Guess I will keep sending letters.

Go Early, Stay Late... Limb Chicken

MH,

An archery only tag is good for all 4 seasons whereas a combo tag is good only for that season. If you could get 1 of each, you could have a better chance at scoring with the bow while still being able to end your frustrations at some point using your gun. I bowhunted the critters one year and oh how satisfying it was to shoulder the gun again the following year. Good Hunting!

I am new to Iowa, but why would you need an archery only tag if you can archery hunt on the combo license? Is it due to the fact that there is no zone restriction on the archery only?

Top Bottom