Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Brillion seeder

IowaBowHunter1983

Staff member
Have a NT drill. Really want to add a brillion seeder or similar to the toolbox. Landpride makes similar. Maybe others too? As long as it has duel cultipackers and seeds in between them. Anyone have one or use regularly?

One of my friends had one and I used it on my farm. It did a great job! Brassica and clover made easy...They are so expensive, or I'd buy one. Getting 2-4 trustworthy guys in the same area to buy one and share would make sense in my opinion.

When I planted brassica with it, I got a great planting.. It came in waist high too.

Attachments

• 20201115_100652.jpg
    20201115_100652.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 20201029_111507.jpg
    20201029_111507.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 76
No till brassicas with our frequent moisture issues …. Brillon is probably your #1 tool. I do same thing with cultimulcher but obviously have to broadcast seed. I’ve also run a 3 point spreader at same time with cultipacker/cultimulcher & got my seed rate right with it. Cheap combo.

Have a NT drill. Really want to add a brillion seeder or similar to the toolbox. Landpride makes similar. Maybe others too? As long as it has duel cultipackers and seeds in between them. Anyone have one or use regularly?
Customer of mine has a landpride nts2511 that I borrow all the time. Great unit for its intended uses but it only has one set of packers on the back and spiked roller up front. It has 3 boxes set up just like their no till drills except for the drop seeder part which is really handy for metering. I used it for seeding my crp this year into bean stubble. The spiked rollers don't do much but if going into tilled ground, bean stubble, or mowed short grass it would be fine.

Top Bottom