Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Broadhead opinions

EatSleepHunt

Looking to change it up this season. 200gr cutthroats or tuffheads new 200gr evolution?
Any experience with these?
Thanks

Never tried either of them but shot a 200 gr G=Rothar Snuffers years ago with my recurve. They flew good and put a heck of a hole in a deer. What are you shooting?

I would recommend that you look up the Ranch Fairy on YouTube and watch his content regarding all things arrow weight, broadheads, etc, before deciding on new heads. I am very persuaded by his analysis and thoughts.

I would give a look to Ramcats & iron Will. Not saying those are the heads for u - but worth a look/analysis.

I am shooting ramcats now. I like them,but after losing a buck last year time for a change.
I am very familiar with the ranch fairy. I have gone through the "process". Sirius Vulcan arrows,250 spine. 100 gr insert,200 gr point. Absolute darts!!!! Now I have to pick a grown up broadhead
Thanks for the replies!

I am shooting ramcats now. I like them,but after losing a buck last year time for a change.
I am very familiar with the ranch fairy. I have gone through the "process". Sirius Vulcan arrows,250 spine. 100 gr insert,200 gr point. Absolute darts!!!! Now I have to pick a grown up broadhead
Thanks for the replies!
What happened? Do u feel BH fault? If so- I’d change too.
I haven’t had Ramcats give me one issue. & shot a PILE of deer with em. Haven’t lost a deer in many years. Never with a Ramcat but the ones I shoot are not mechanicals.

This podcast was truly fascinating to me. Dr. Ed Ashby has been studying broadheads, arrows, etc for decades. His has completely separated himself from the industry so as to not be influenced. This is worth a listen and has me rethinking all sorts of things.

Ep. 284: The Archer's Paradox | MeatEater Podcasts (themeateater.com)
I went to listen to this and it is a 2+ hour podcast if I am seeing things right. Yikes. Do you happen to know what segment deals with broadheads or if it is all 2+ hours, can you summarize? TIA.

I went to listen to this and it is a 2+ hour podcast if I am seeing things right. Yikes. Do you happen to know what segment deals with broadheads or if it is all 2+ hours, can you summarize? TIA.
I don't recall. I usually listen when driving so nbd

Top Bottom