Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Brother's 03 Buck

ElkHunter

Life Member
Just picked up my brothers buck from taxidermist.
The story starts Nov. 1, with him falling while putting up a stand.He fell 22' and landed on his back.He was life flighted to DM.8 broken ribs, punctured lung, bruised kidneys.Really lucky to even be alive.After 6 days in the hospital he got to come home.Three days later a friend took him for a ride,they drove along a County park and got 10 minutes of video of a big buck.Next day they take the same drive,pop over a hill and see a deer crawling off the road using its front legs.They drove down to it,"anybody got a bow",brother couldn't pull the bow, so his buddy did and brother punched the trigger.This was the same big buck they had videoed the day before.My brother knew there would be no hunting this fall so he just put his regular tag on the buck.
The buck grossed 187. So he got his deer and the family was very THANKFUL at Thanksgiving time.

157Randy1-thumb.JPG

Wow what a story. Has your bother made a good recovery and is he hunting this fall? What was the complete story on the buck was he hit by a car or wounded by another hunter? Sounds like one from a magizine writeup. Thanks sharing.

Deer was hit by a car.My brother has made a full recovery. I think he's having his gall bladder removed Mon. God only knows what he'll come across while he's laid up this year.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Nice buck,good to hear your brother made a full recovery.

Great Harvest story and photo. Please tell your brother congratulations on this fine buck.

waytogo.gif

Top Bottom