Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bryson’s first out of state hunt.. 2024 Illinois

Baby-G

PMA Member
I took my son up to Illinois for a quick hunt for the 3 day youth season. We have a lot of bucks on camera but very few Giants…. So he just wanted to shoot a mature buck and get us some meat for the freezer. Saturday morning we saw a great big mature 8 point but he was about 200 yards to far. Tickled the antlers at him but he wasn’t overly interested and slowed worked back into the cover. Pretty slow opening morning, but time in the stand with your kids is as good as it gets.

Checked cameras before lunch and found the high odds spots. Five different bucks that he would be thrilled to shoot were working a scape every evening lately right in front of one of my stands i hung a few months back. So i threw another Lone Wolf stand up with it and i was armed with a Sony video camera. There was a big bodied 8pt that seemed to be a bully buck. Narrow huge body and a clean slick chocolate brown rack.

Sure enough about 1.5 hours before dark that buck worked down the deep holler below us. He heard and saw him before me. I readied the camera and filmed. Bryson patiently waited for a good quartering away shot and smoked him. Went straight down…. filled the recovery and then the work started…. It was warm and i broke a couple ropes getting him out…. Finished the night off with a steak and fixings at the local steak house with the landowner. Pretty awesome weekend for the ens of fall break for the 8th grader! Pretty sure he is addicted like me….

Attachments

• IMG_0944.jpeg
    IMG_0944.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0942.jpeg
    IMG_0942.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 66
Top Bottom