Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Burr Removal..... suggestions???

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
I finished my early in season scouting yesterday before I begin treestand sitting next weekend........ I have a ton of small burrs on my hunting pants and lower jacket...... does anyone have any suggestions on any good ways of removing them without hand picking off each one...........

I have never had luck with any special way to get them out. I just start picking and keep going! I have had several garments covered with about every kind of burr and sticker you can think of. Good luck on that big 10 pointer.

Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

i used to use a knife and scrape the stuff off carefully. it would work pretty well as long as i took my time.

I have had good luck getting stick-tite's out, using a curry comb, they are used on horses.
I bought mine at a tractor supply store. Just be sure to put them in a garbage can after you get them off of your clothing. otherwise you'll be usuing Roundup on them next year to get them out of your yard!

it gives you something to do while setting in the stand all day

I use a comb. Stretch the fabric tight while sitting out on the porch and comb away.......
smile.gif

Quite a few years ago I was at a banquet that had Barry Wenzel as the speaker. He addressed the problem something like this...Check into a motel and while wearing your hunting clothes, roll up in the bed covers! Come right off.
grin.gif

Top Bottom