Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Caitlin Clark Olympic Team

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
I figured you Iowa guys might be willing to offer an opinion. I can’t believe they left Clark off the Olympic team!

Number 1 Caitlin is talented enough to play at that level and No. 2–the TV ratings would be double or triple what they are without her ?

She is a top name in all of basketball right now comparable to an NBA player. She’s even higher in some cases on social media !

Thoughts ?

I have to suspect UConn coach and Dianna T had a lot to do with that decision- my opinion which doesn’t matter- they are a fool to not have a rookie out of that class, and especially Clark, on the team for the future.

I don’t think I’ve ever watched a college girls basketball game until Clark came along. I really enjoyed watching Iowa play and cheered for them . Most of my family did as well (even though we are Gophers fans)…

It’s really too bad the WNBA cannot accept her as a star ? It’s very odd.

I guess I won’t be watching the Woke Olympics

I'm not surprised. I think most of the girls on that team dislike her and the team chemistry wouldn't be good. I think she absolutely deserves to be on the team but until the league realizes what she brings to women's basketball it will not grow. I never watched a girls basketball game before her either and I won't watch until they clean the league up. It looks like street ball. Physicality is ok but I don't believe the difference in how fouls are called between college and WNBA represents how much stronger the players are in the WNBA. If they want to just beat up people, there are other sports that allow that. The league has a golden opportunity with Clark but so far they are blowing their opportunity because of jealousy.

LOL I never thought there'd be a Caitlin Clark thread on IW!

I'm a long time hawk fan and sports fan. Watching Clark at Iowa was awesome. Just game after game was a continuous highlight reel. I've never watched a player game after game do the things does. Just a dozen games into her WNBA career and she is one of best in the league. I think she could have been on the Olympic team for sure, but at the same time, she needs a break. There was no break between her last college season and rookie wnba season.

IMO on Clarks talents I am more impressed and wow'd by some of her passing than shooting. Its insane her vision and ability to read the court and make some of the passes she does.

LOL I never thought there'd be a Caitlin Clark thread on IW!

I'm a long time hawk fan and sports fan. Watching Clark at Iowa was awesome. Just game after game was a continuous highlight reel. I've never watched a player game after game do the things does. Just a dozen games into her WNBA career and she is one of best in the league. I think she could have been on the Olympic team for sure, but at the same time, she needs a break. There was no break between her last college season and rookie wnba season.

IMO on Clarks talents I am more impressed and wow'd by some of her passing than shooting. Its insane her vision and ability to read the court and make some of the passes she does.
I was able to attend the B10 tournament and you aren’t joking about her passing. It was crazy to see in person

Just throwing this out there... If the WNBA has a small but established loyal woke fan base, would it be more beneficial for them to keep it, or rock the boat by placing CC on the Olympic team, along with making other changes? I imagine if they started losing their loyal fan base, there may be a period of time before they rebuilt a new non-woke fan base.

I imagine if they started losing their loyal fan base

You mean the few thousand per game?

Across ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 and CBS, the WNBA is averaging 1.3 million viewers per game, tripling last season's average of 462,000 viewers. About 400,000 fans attended games in May, the most first-month attendees in 26 years, according to the league.

Looks like they've surpassed the woke tools by 2:1 just a few games into the season.. :)

Top Bottom