Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Camera question

I check mine every 4 or 5 days in a feeding area or up to a week or two in some buck travel areas. I still don't have a digital so if I only have up to 18 shots out of a 24 roll I take em in any way cause I can't wait
laugh.gif

I check mine every 7-10 days and replace the film with anything over 10 pics. I've found this to be about right, anything longer and the film is used up...and the camera is no longer taking pics. I also move each camera 30-50 yards to a new location each week, keeps the older deer that may get a little 'camera shy' from avoiding the camera setup.

so far i only put my camera in areas where the deer travel at night that is not near them during the day( wooded fencelines, creek crossings, property borders, etc.). this way i can check the cameras without disturbing a thing. back when i was using corn i would check it daily. as long as you arent disturbing the deer i see no reason not too, but i am too cautious. i dont want to put my cameras anywhere that will affect their behaviors. my 2 cents.
confused.gif

Blaster,

Your camera needs to have the mid roll rewind feature that allows you to rewind no matter how many pics have been taken. Most do, but there could still be some around that only have auto rewind when the camera is full. As for checking them...I check mine weekly.

NWBuck

Top Bottom