Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Camo clothing

Bucksnbears

What's your choice?

I find it mind blowing what people spend on certain camos.

Personally, I think it way overated.

Gonna stir some feathers here but for your basic everyday bowhunts, nothing blends in as well as a 20$ bug suit. Lol.
Slip it over anything and they just blend in.
This newfanggled $tuff like Sitka/ kui/ firstlite can blend in with certain terrains but shine like a light bulb in others.
Bug suits blend into anything. Prove me wrong. Lol.
20240722_153953.jpg

Attachments

• 20240722_153907.jpg
    20240722_153907.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20240722_153838.jpg
    20240722_153838.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 41
I like predator camo for treestand hunting. But I have a bunch of different patterns and nothing in the "newfanggled" category. The best way to kill a deer is to sit still, no matter what you're wearing.

Lol Ishi.
Quite sure that's EXACTLY how people think buying that.
A HUGE majority of bowhunters can get by on a good underlayment, a Walmart special hoodie/ sweat pants and a 20$ bug suit and kill every deer that comes by.
Quality clothing is overated unless sitting in cold climes.
Hunting in rain?, put on a suit of Frogg_Toggs that cost 50$ and a bug suit over that. (20$).
Point I'm trying to make is..., a mesh bug suit blends in to every environment.
Even in snow if you wear white/ cheap under garments.

Last edited:
Lol Ishi.
Quite sure that's EXACTLY how people think buying that.
A HUGE majority of bowhunters can get by on a good underlayment, a Walmart special hoodie/ sweat pants and a 20$ bug suit and kill every deer that comes by.
Quality clothing is overated unless sitting in cold climes.
Hunting in rain?, put on a suit of Frogg_Toggs that cost 50$ and a bug suit over that. (20$).
Point I'm trying to make is..., a mesh bug suit blends in to every environment.
Even in snow if you wear white/ cheap under garments.
The difference in Walmart clothing and Sitka or other brands is the quality. I have had my Sitka Fanatic for 8 years now probably close to 200 hunts. Still works just fine! The other component that you brought up was layering. With the better gear you dont have the need to put on some many layers. This makes your sits considerably more comfortable in the stand whether its 75* or -20*. A person can wear nearly anything and kill an animal but I choose to be comfortable while I wait.

For me it's not about the pattern of Sitka, it does look cool, but I don't believe it helps hide me any better. Shoot, I wear brown or green pants in the early season with some cheap walmart shirt. But when the conditions get cold/wet then that's when Sitka shines in my opinion. I've never used anything 'high end' clothing lines so my only opinion is Sitka. The quality is amazing and I can see these pieces lasting me many many many years.

I have most of the high dollar clothes, but the Cabelas MT 050 Parka and pants have been my favorite. I also like the heater body suit while sitting in a blind during brutal weather.

I was going on an elk trip packing in on horseback and was limited on the weight of what I could bring. I physically weighed up some of the clothes I had and then a set of Sitka and was blown away at the difference. Its been Sitka for me ever since. I have pieces I have worn for 10 years you could almost sell as new yet - quality is unreal and they seem to fit me really well too. Never once had a snap or zipper fail or a seam pull out - something pretty common in the other brands I wore previously. It is worth it for me but I admit I used to be a dealer for them and did not pay full price.

For Iowa, I'm usually in a pair of either Wrangler or Duluth pant in brown, grey, or olive tone. Either normal or fleece lined depending on time of year. For a top I layer with merino base layers but usually have a camo hoodie, or brown flannel on top. Once it gets into the colder part of November I switch to a fleece bib and jacket set from Scheels that do the trick. I also have a Heater Body Suit for the crazy cold days or all day sits where staying warm may be an issue

Different strokes for different folks. Some roll their eyes at others wearing Sitka or whatever brand but then turn around and buy a new carbon bow every year not seeing the irony in their opinion.

I have some outer layers that are Sitka and love them. They fit well and are therefore comfortable. They are incredibly warm without having the bulk. I still wear off brand base layers, even some Walmart special mid layers. I wear those brown cotton gloves you get off the rack next to the checkout at your local hardware store. A random stocking hat. It all works for me.

1983 said it above.... I bought 20+ lb hang-on stands back in the day to save money. My teenage self didn't mind wrestling them around. Now, I'll pay the extra money for a 10lb stand because it makes life easier. A Sitka fanatic makes my life easier when it's 10 degrees outside.

Top Bottom