Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cams still slow

kelcher

This has been an uneventful season so far. Even my trail cams are not seeing much. The most excitement I've had was a three legged coyote. Typical bowhunting though I guess. Hours of boredom for a few minutes of action . . .

My cams were hitting best in mid Oct into later Oct. Been totally dead since then, with the exception of yearling bucks.

FWIW, our deer movement has been very sub par too. I hope the cooler temps in the upcoming days changes that, but sheesh, it has been slow.

FWIW, our deer movement has been very sub par too. I hope the cooler temps in the upcoming days changes that, but sheesh, it has been slow.
From what I’ve been reading it sucks in all the whitetail states nation wide

From what I’ve been reading it sucks in all the whitetail states nation wide
Very true, strange year to say the least. Seems like everything is two weeks behind this year. Just now reaching peak fall foliage which has never happened this late in the central part of PA. The past couple days the movement has picked up on my cams and just now starting to seeing rubs which is odd. Plenty of time left!

Slowest year in the Loess Hills I can remember to this point. My 2 target bucks disappeared around Oct 25. Usually i have a lot of transients on cam the last 2 weeks. Nothing but a couple resident basket 8's. I sat in my best stand for 6 hours Wed AM and didn't see a single buck. That hasn't happened in over 10 years! Stand is in a perfect rut pinch plus I can see forever in a few directions. Crazy. I don't think it's EHD either...the does are all over like normal....and still acting normal.

Hoping this cold front blowing through will have them on their feet and searching. I have a good feeling about tomorrow AM. ;)

Worst case is the 2 big boys went down early (congrats to whoever got em) and the little guys just cant keep up!

Pretty much been our experience so far too Daver. Seeing a little activity now and then but mostly by younger bucks. Had probably our best camera pics of nice deer through September to mid October in 4 years too so we thought we were going to be in for a lot fun.....no such luck. Not sure if they’re dead somewhere from disease or being locked up w each other or if for some reason they’ve just moved off a mile or two in a different direction. Head scratcher.

Same thing here. I took Monday off work sat all day saw 2 does with fawns the entire day. Was pretty much horrible. Sunday wasn't much better. Cams have been slow at times as well.

Same. Slow on cams and sits. My time has been super limited due to work but am just not seeing mature deer moving. Few dinks but that is it. Neighbor seeing same. Hoping the cold gets them going this weekend. I don't think they vanished and have a feeling the weather has slowed things down some. Crossing my fingers.

Saskatchewan so not really relevant to what's going on down there but during first week of November everyone musta wanted to dance with the first belle at the ball, ha.
IMAG0347.JPG
IMAG0472.JPG
IMAG1014.JPG
IMAG1415.JPG

Pretty much been our experience so far too Daver. Seeing a little activity now and then but mostly by younger bucks. Had probably our best camera pics of nice deer through September to mid October in 4 years too so we thought we were going to be in for a lot fun.....no such luck. Not sure if they’re dead somewhere from disease or being locked up w each other or if for some reason they’ve just moved off a mile or two in a different direction. Head scratcher.
FWIW, the last two days have been improved, but still nowhere near normal for us. I have yet to see a bonafide chase and even driving to and from town, etc, reveals many fewer deer sightings than what would normally be the case at this time of the year. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate what I have seen so far as a "2". Oh well, it only takes one!

Top Bottom