Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Can't Do This In Iowa

Spysar

You guys have the best deer, but I don't know how you live without the ocean. I went for squid yesterday. So good to eat. I feel sorry for all you guys that have to eat catfish, bass and walleye, yuck. Lol
sqid.jpg
sqid1.jpg

That’s a new world!!! How do u catch & they are really good eating?!?! I’ve had calamari at the most. ;).

This was on Easter . Couple weeks ago. 203lb porbeagle shark. My buddy hooked it and I gaffed it and roped it into the boat. Seldom do we land these. We hook them , but they are hard to land. Our target fish are much smaller than this, and so is our tackle. This one landed on 30lb line.
shark.jpg

Looks interesting but catfish are the fish for champions!
I would change your mind in seconds if you could eat the fish I get. Cod, haddock, halibut, squid, lobsters....I caught a few spoonbill and the locals said it's like poor mans lobster.... yeah right, lol

I would change your mind in seconds if you could eat the fish I get. Cod, haddock, halibut, squid, lobsters....I caught a few spoonbill and the locals said it's like poor mans lobster.... yeah right, lol
I’ll have come and visit if it ever works out! Actually I can eat any fish and enjoy them.

Well your lucky Jnrbronc, that other great fishing states don't make you buy expensive pref points to enter a lottery to buy an overpriced fishing tag every 6 years just so you can fish for the big ones, LOL

Lucky there are so many great fishing states that not everyone in the country is trying to all fish in one state, otherwise that one fishing state would have to limit participants...

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Lucky there are so many great fishing states that not everyone in the country is trying to all fish in one state, otherwise that one fishing state would have to limit participants...

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
There is 1 Atlantic Ocean, that is being destroyed before our eyes and should be limiting participants.

There is 1 Atlantic Ocean, that is being destroyed before our eyes and should be limiting participants.
The one king salmon was caught north of Portland, Oregon. There was a limit of one per license. I think the numbers were down so badly this year that they suspended the season. Resources are taking a hit all the way around.

The ocean salmon are 50X better than Lake Michigan salmon, flesh color (deep red) and taste wise.

Another day of squid fishing. A lot better than last week. They're only around for a couple weeks. It's like the rut, only got so long. Got food and bait for the rest of the year.

squid11.jpg
squid22.jpg

I have a friend out in NY that invited me to go out on his new boat to fish for stripers. Trip is planned for May 8-12, 2024. More of a catch and release trip, but might keep one. He's shared some pretty impressive pics of success from his boat. Says he plans to wear my arms out on them. We will see. ;)

I have a friend out in NY that invited me to go out on his new boat to fish for stripers. Trip is planned for May 8-12, 2024. More of a catch and release trip, but might keep one. He's shared some pretty impressive pics of success from his boat. Says he plans to wear my arms out on them. We will see. ;)
Sounds great I was out there and we were catching yellow fin tuna I did were my arms out .

Top Bottom