Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Changing the crossbow season?

gansomn

Any of you heard of some guys trying to change how the crossbow seasons are ran here in Iowa. I dont hunt with one just curious if this is really a topic for the powers that be.

Not reall understanding what the whoe thing is about can you fill in the blanks a little. Who is behind it and why. Thanks

Kansas is battling it right now, the politicians want them in archery season, the bow hunters don't , they are limited to the gun season or if u are disabled, it will put more stress on the resource, but they don't care.

That's reasonable, but it won't be long till the try and get them in the archery season, does iowa have a bow hunters association? Do they accept non residents, cause I want to join and show my support.

I am a missouri res, but joined the kansas the kansas bowhuters and did a lot of work to help stop the xbows, but it prob is still going to happen.

That's reasonable, but it won't be long till the try and get them in the archery season, does iowa have a bow hunters association? Do they accept non residents, cause I want to join and show my support.

I am a missouri res, but joined the kansas the kansas bowhuters and did a lot of work to help stop the xbows, but it prob is still going to happen.

http://www.iowabowhunters.org/ :way:

I just read the house file. So this will not change anything about a person with a disabilitiy or someone over 70 right. That is the only thing that bothered me when I heard about this group of "who ever" wanting to change things.

If I read it right, I think it's a reasonable change, here in missouri they did away with the traditional muzzle loader season, it's now the alternative season, pistols, cross bows, ect.

My hat is off to the Iowa Dnr for not, following suit with Illinois, kansas is on it's way down, if they don't stop increasing tag numbers and being liberal with what weapons can be used.

I just pray iowa sticks to its guns and puts the resource and the residents 1st like they have.

So what I read is you could use a crossbow during the early muzzy season and gun just not during the reg. bow season. Was something trying to happen that ANYONE could use a crossbow without a disability or age. That is what I wanted someone to fill me in on. Sorry, just not seeing what is in front of me. Thanks.

Hard to say, prob trying to implement it then go for the regular archery season, they did it in kansas, and a few others, starts small then goes for the kill.

Prob a politician with a friend.

You use to never see these x-bows on tv now there on there all the time. Iowa is what it is because the don't allow this stuff to happen

Trust me; you will eventually see Crossbow hunting legal in Iowa during all the same season as the current bow season. The IBA isn’t big enough to keep going up against the Crossbow industry & winning.

To me it's like the Assault weapons & high capacity magazine BS that’s happen right now.

There is no reason at all that crossbows shouldn’t be legal during the regular bow seasons.

Last edited:
"There is no reason at all that crossbows shouldn’t be legal during the regular bow seasons." Glad you have an opinion...what's next rifles during shotgun season and muzzy season? To me they are closer related than a crossbow is to a bow.

i hope it doesn't even get voted on. there is no reason to change iowa's current crossbow (arrow gun)laws. look in a catalog, nearly every arrow gun has a scope mounted on it. no bow has a 3x scope on it. why in the hell do you need a 3x scope to shoot 40 yards? they even make one that will mount on an AR lower (assault arrow gun?). how is that like a bow? worst case, add it to the LATE muzzle season

Top Bottom