Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Check out my latest Broadhead Battle: Swhacker vs Sevr

Awesome videos!

I've heard nothing but good things about Sevr heads. This video seems to confirm that.
Will watch the OPs video when not at work. But anyone interested in broadhead comparisons videos should
check out Born and Raised Outdoors YouTube in the coming week. They have put 50 broadheads through tests unlike any I've seen so far. Measuring sharpness, accuracy out of a hooter shooter, durability, and how well they penetrate.

Will watch the OPs video when not at work. But anyone interested in broadhead comparisons videos should
check out Born and Raised Outdoors YouTube in the coming week. They have put 50 broadheads through tests unlike any I've seen so far. Measuring sharpness, accuracy out of a hooter shooter, durability, and how well they penetrate.
What was your take away from those videos as far as what performed the best overall?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What was your take away from those videos as far as what performed the best overall?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
They havent released the full videos. Just teasers of their sharpness tests using a tool that tests pressure applied, penetration was tested with layered cardboard, and they used identical arrows and a hooter shooter, and they were retesting broadheads after the penetration test to see how they retained their edge.

I had to do my own tests. ;). Spent middle of winter turning my basement into testing area.... gel, bone, meat, plywood, etc. angles, etc. only way I could make my own mind up. & yes, personally, even to this day, for myself - the mechanicals spook me that something goes wrong. That’s just a personal thing for me & most others feel comfy & make a lot of kills with em. I’ll check out above though & do like seeing reviews.

I had to do my own tests. ;). Spent middle of winter turning my basement into testing area.... gel, bone, meat, plywood, etc. angles, etc. only way I could make my own mind up. & yes, personally, even to this day, for myself - the mechanicals spook me that something goes wrong. That’s just a personal thing for me & most others feel comfy & make a lot of kills with em. I’ll check out above though & do like seeing reviews.
So what was your conclusion on the best head you tested?

So what was your conclusion on the best head you tested?
Personally, I like results out of ramcat 125 grain specifically. All the results or goals I personally had in place.... it did the best for ME. (& never know when I might be on a Bovine hunt or elephants or a grizzly or elk comes strolling through!! ;) ). Flew perfect as well. It’s a 1.5” cut. It out penetrated all others I put against. The only loss was this..... some mechanicals have 2” cuts or whatever.
So- in my own mind I personally decided: I’d give up .5” cutting for what I saw as better penetration, little to no room for a BH failure, user error, etc. with 3 blades vs 2 on some mechanicals - maybe not even much difference. & I had to buy ramcat quiver.

I did all my tests on 5mm arrows (variety) & the deep six injection fmj by Easton. I ended with deep six injection & tested most deep six heads at the time. Which ended with ramcat 125 grain. Would love to try some newer deep six out since. But- reality is: most folks do not want to shoot deep six as it could phase out & less for BH choices. I totally get it. But it’s a shame because those 11gpi deep six injections are sick arrows!!!! Mind boggling good in all ways. So- that’s my rig now- deep six 11gpi fmj injections & 125 Ramcats. Is it the best? Probably not. & lot more to play with since I did that test. But- personally, for my self confidence in a set up, I felt like that choice was at the far end of the “good results spectrum” vs many other choices out there. I’d love to do another round of tests adding stuff like iron will, new muzzys, etc, etc.

Sorry on getting even more off topic. FWIW- last year I shot my deep six fmj injections vs 5mm fmj’s. The 5mm were also 30 grains heavier!!! This is only into a target (so not the same as a deer clearly) but look at this. Same bow at 15 yards.
c0f1f921aa6f4a75a80f259b1e210f1e.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom