Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Checking cameras and replacing batteries now

I currently use the tactacams and it seems my batteries are allways dying really fast. Whats everyone's take on best way to replace batteries and camera memory cards during season?

I don't want to drive atv in there and screw things up. Do you think driving in atv to check cams messes things up or do u think it's only for that day?

Bad timing of course.
If u have been REGULAR going in with a atv not that big of a deal.
others will chime in and give their opinions.
Agree with BNB

I had to replace batteries on a couple tactacams as well. Generally I can almost get a full season, but for whatever reason these two cams burned through batteries in 2 months.

I go in mid day, on a windy day, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world unless you're gonna blow out a bunch of deer on your access route. While I was changing batteries I moved cams and made a couple mock scrapes, I had a mature buck on one of those cams that night. I always hoof it, but I'd probably take a side by side if I had the opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I got a newer cam with a solar panel. Best option as TR said, it will pay for itself. My other cams, especially when it starts to get cold, I swap to Lithium. Super expensive, but they last.

Are they first gen cameras? I’ve noticed my first gen’s are blowing through batteries ever since 5g starting kicking off statewide. My newer ones no issues

Use duracell or engergizer lithiums or whatever those best batteries are. I've had my tactacams last from sept all the way to feburary or so

I wouldn't go in. I'm very much into keeping things as sanctuary like as I can though. I have been using cuddylink the last few years to avoid having to pull any cards (other than from the home camera). Something went wrong with the network a few weeks ago and I didn't even gather them up then to try and get it fixed. I'm just going without cameras this year. I went a few years without cameras before I got the cuddyelink and my success rate didn't change at all.

Top Bottom