Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

clethodim

My experience is a couple weeks till you see much of an effect then another 2 weeks to finally kill grass to the ground. Slow but effective.

I have limited experience, but would say 2-4 weeks. I sprayed mix of cloth and butyrac a few weeks ago and the grass really isn’t brown but also seems to have stopped growing.

I sprayed it on young grass earlier this year and it killed it all in less than a week. I’ve read that older, taller grass is harder to kill with it especially if it’s in a slower growing time of year. That leads me to think that spraying more often to keep it small would work. Of course I didn’t do that and mine got away from me as it seems to do yearly.

I sprayed it on young grass earlier this year and it killed it all in less than a week. I’ve read that older, taller grass is harder to kill with it especially if it’s in a slower growing time of year. That leads me to think that spraying more often to keep it small would work. Of course I didn’t do that and mine got away from me as it seems to do yearly.
ok thanks sundog all good information.

how long does it take for clethodim to work kill grsss ?
Spray when grass is small, 3-4” or less if possible. Don’t forget the crop oil. Really really helps make sure you’ve got adequate coverage over the surface area of the plants you’re trying to kill. Plus the crop oil will slow the drying time down thus allowing the plant to update more of the herbicide.

I mowed clover 3 week ago, sprayed it with Clethodium on Wednesday of last week and yesterday I was able to see grasses (canary grass at that) wilting.

Spray when grass is small, 3-4” or less if possible. Don’t forget the crop oil. Really really helps make sure you’ve got adequate coverage over the surface area of the plants you’re trying to kill. Plus the crop oil will slow the drying time down thus allowing the plant to update more of the herbicide.

I mowed clover 3 week ago, sprayed it with Clethodium on Wednesday of last week and yesterday I was able to see grasses (canary grass at that) wilting.
I have an established clover plot for the last 4 year that gets frost seeded every year. but with the wet year the grasses are taking it over like crazy. i sprayed clethodum in may, and not sure how good it worked. I'm due to cut my clover again should i cut it then spray the clethodin or spray it now before mowing and let it die? here is a pic from today on right side of pic

Attachments

• 13.jpeg
    13.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 56
Cleth works well as long as you add a surfactant with it but it doesn’t have a residual.
Imox has a residual and may keep it grass free a little longer.

I prefer to spray then mow in a week or two. Cleth is slow to work. 2-3 weeks usually. Many will say mow, wait a couple of weeks, then spray. Not sure one way is better than the other.

I have an established clover plot for the last 4 year that gets frost seeded every year. but with the wet year the grasses are taking it over like crazy. i sprayed clethodum in may, and not sure how good it worked. I'm due to cut my clover again should i cut it then spray the clethodin or spray it now before mowing and let it die? here is a pic from today on right side of pic
I would mow then spray a couple days after mowing event. IMO guys go wrong when they spray then mow, you’re just setting yourself up for another spray event if the chemical hasn’t completely killed the plant your mowing. Mowing will just regenerate the growth process.

Top Bottom