Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

cooking

gonorse

I removed the skin when I cleaned my turkey. Besides deep fat frying, what's the best way too cook it so it doesn't dry out? Any recipes appreciated. Hey TLH, how about a recipe forum?

Your making me hungry "gonorse"...

I 'll put your idea to thought, right now I need to run to the fridge.

TLH

You can put it into a large Reynalds oven cooking bag.Put some turkey gravy in with it to help keep it moist.Good luck!!

I like to deep fat fry mine injected with lots of marinade to keep it from drying out,have also had good luck smokeing them,also injecting then and using apple wood.It is not as strong as hickory or other woods used with red meats.Also keep your water pan full so the bird will not dry out.

I fillet the breast out and then marinate it in Italian dressing overnight. Then I cut it into strips, take a strip of bacon, and roll the two into a pinwheel, secure it with a toothpick, then throw it on the grill. This is awesome. I also use the dark meat in the same way. Tastes kind of like steak. Congrats on your bird!

1/2 Cup Soy sauce
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 T Minced Garlic
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1/8 tsp Ground Ginger
2 T Olive Oil

Mix this marinade in a medium to large tupperware bowl, cut turkey into strips place into marinade, seal with lid and refrigerate 12-24 hrs. grill when ready.

P.S. This recipe will do 1/2 of a wild turkey skinless breast. Double the recipe if doing a whole skinless breast.

...my annual post-success, victory dinner is turkey shish-ka-bobs on the grill...I marinade cubed turkey in Italian dressing (a popular turkey soak) for a few hours (or overnight) and then grill them on a skewer with cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, green peppers, onions and anything else that sounds good to me...cooks real quick and tastes great!...

I vote for the shish kebab, thats how i do mine and they are delicious. Don't overcook them or they will start to dry out !

Top Bottom